• 11 •

" You are not useless "

" Next time, don't go beyond this place. If it weren't for Sage, you would've been kidnapped or worse killed," Flori chided me.

" How is he?" I really did not like the feeling of me being the reason why Sage was hurt.

" He's fine. The me won't do anything he will just have to rest with his hand paralysed for a few hours," Flori reassured but I was still worried about him.

Flori frowned noticing my grim expression, " If it makes you feel better you can go talk to him. He's in his room."

I nodded, faking a smile before Flori headed out. Sighing, I changed my clothes and then headed to the tree where Sage was in.

" Come in," I heard as I knocked on the door.

" I'm fine Flori really I-" he stopped himself as he realised the person wasn't the person he expected it to be.

" How are you?" I asked as I sat down next to his bed after a moment.

" I'm fine," he paused for a moment, " and you?"

" Of course I'm fine but you're obviously not," I pointed out.

" It's not much. It doesn't hurt anyways," he reassured me as he shrugged his shoulders.

" You sure?" I asked again still not assured.

" Yes, I'm fine and if you ask me that one more time I will send you out of that door and I'm not joking," Sage warned and I immediately shut my mouth.

" So... care to tell me how you found me?" I asked, not wanting things to be awkward.

Sage sighed and ran his fingers through his hair using his non-paralysed hand, like how dad normally does. God, I miss them.

" I was coming to tell you that you would need to get some weapons for training later but when I tried to find you, you weren't there. Out of panick, I tracked down your thoughts and found out where you were but like I said I was panicking since it was my responsibility to take care of you I went to find you alone. I didn't even think how I would save you if you were in trouble. I'm so dumb," Sage explained.

" Well, I would have been killed or kidnapped if it weren't for you," I said and smiled, trying to cheer him up.

" Thanks but I need to be more cautious next time," Sage sighed again and the conversation ended there.

" I'll get going," I said after a few mintues of silence.