• 9 •

"How different can I be?"

" You're here," Mr Forkle said and he had company.

" Tiergan?!" I exclaimed, shocked.

I knew Tiergan since I was little, my mum used to be mentored by him.

Tiergan smiled a welcoming smile at me and replied, " Hello, Melissa."

" What? You're part of the Black Swan too?!" I continued to exclaim and he laughed at my shock and expression.

" Yes, I am," he responded.

" But... why are you here?" I asked.

" Why to mentor you of course!" Tiergan replied which made me more confused.

" But... I'm a psionpath. You're a telepath," I stated.

" Yes," Mr Forkle jumped in, " but psionpaths and telepaths are very similar."

" Plus, it would be much better if I could train both of you at the same time," Tiergan said.

" Both of us?" I repeated, confused.

Tiergan raised an eyebrow as if to say, you weren't told yet?

" The other one is me," a voice emnated and I knew who it belonged to - Sage.

He had changed into something very simple, a white long sleeved shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

" Sage is a telepath," Mr Forkle explained, " Manifested at the age of 8."

" 8?!" I exclaimed.

" Do you have to exclaim to everything?" Sage said, out loud and I elbowed him.

Sage didn't seem to take any effect so I concluded my effort was just useless.

" Yes, Sage manifested at 8, however, he is a unregistered telepath," Tiergan explained further.

" Unregistered?" I asked.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Sage looking at the ground with his arms crossed. Tiergan and Mr Forkle seems to be uncomfortable too.

" I'll let that slide then," I said as the awkward silence became too much.

" Yes, now what we are here for. Let's get on with training," Tiergan said after clearing his throat.

Let me tell you ability training is much harder than it seems. I kept failing in making barriers around an object or around me. It was either the forcefield was not fully developed or there were holes in it.

Sage, however, passed his tasks like he had done something even harder before - Entering Tiergan's mind, then finding every correct memory in a spend of 1 minute for every memory and he also did very far transmitting from about 6 miles.

Basically, I have a lot of catching up to do. I was horrible at using my abilities even so I did not understand how I managed to do that forcefield.

" So, not so easy is it?" Sage asked as he gave a me a bottle fo water while he drank his own.

Glaring at him, I responded, " No."

" It's like this everyday but tomorrow you will have physical training, then the next day ability training again and it repeats itself everyday," He explained and my eyes opened wide as I drank from the bottle of water.

" Physical training?" I asked.

" Your mum never told you?" Sage asked as he turned to face me," She worked so hard for abilities. Why do you think she is the most powerful telepath in the elvin world? And as for her physical training. She had to get use to it at first but she learned things quick and was a skilled fighter."

Learned things quick felt like a pain in the stomach. I was nothing like my mother and I will never be..