Now

I speed home, tears streaking my face. I lost my dream job all because of a fucking girl! "no," I tell myself, "you can't think like that. There was a point in time that she was your best friend not just some girl." I pull into the driveway and see my moms green subaru in the driveway. "Shit" I say. I sit in my truck for a while and calm myself down. When I go in she standing at the counter. "Hey honey, don't you have work today?" I avoid eye contact. "They said I could go home, they aren't too busy." She looks a little confused. "You ok?" She asked. "Yea I'm fine mom, just a little tired." Not a complete lie but still not the truth. I head upstairs, shut my door and grab my Juul. I haven't used this thing in years, it probably doesn't even work. I dig around for a spare pod, I know I have some lying around. I find a mint pod. Typically I hate mint pods but its all I have and I need a head rush. I put the pod into the Juul and take a hit. It hits like a ton of bricks and I cough it immediately back up. I take another rip which goes down smoother and lay on my bed. There's the head rush. I pull out my phone and check Facebook again, nothing from Billie, but I do have a message from Cherry. "Hey girlie, I heard about what happened today. How ya holding up?" It reads. I respond with the usual, "I'm ok, just mad at myself for being late all the time lol." I check my friends list, Billies still on there. I think about texting her because she's the first one I would go to with all of my problems. Before I can begin to write the message my mom knocks on my door. "Just a minute," I call. I quickly hide my juul and open the door. "Whats up?" I say. "Are you sure you're ok? You seemed very distressed when you came home." I roll my eyes and let out a small laugh, "I'm fine muth." She looks a little hurt. "Ok, I'm heading back to work, text me if you need anything." She goes back downstairs. I wait until I hear the front door close and her car start before I start crying again.