Ch 20 End of the School Year

The descriptions are better, and the dialogue is helped by my beta Deb's suggestions. Thank you.

Reviews are always appreciated.

*

Saturday May eighteenth Albus and Cleopatra visited the centaurs again. They explained all that had happened concerning the Chamber of Secrets. The centaurs were relieved that the basilisk were dead, but cautious about the implications of the chamber being open and used. As was typical of the centaurs, their prophecy and insights concealed as much as it revealed.

"Sometimes, I leave there more confused than when I go to meet them," Cleo muttered softly to Albus when they got back to the castle. Albus snickered in agreement.

That evening when Albus and Scorpius left for church services, Delores Handley went with them. On the way back they took a detour to a private room.

"Do you have any idea who might be a pure blood fanatic, and who might be on our side?" Albus asked Delores after they had sat down and an elf served them tea and biscuits.

"Some idea," Delores thought, nibbling on a lemon cookie. "Richard Gudgeon is on our side. Richard's older cousins are both pure blooded fanatics and dumb, as is their sister Susan, who is in your year. Blaise Urquhart isn't on the side of the pure bloods, being half Muggle herself, but I am not sure we can trust her.

"I do not think anyone on the Quidditch team is a fanatic pure blood, but I have no idea who you can trust. Of course the Davis and Stanford's are all on your side, but you know that. There are a couple of the fourth year girls I ought to try and talk to. I think you can get more girls than boys on your side. Some of the Slytherin boys get meaner the older they get. I hate that." She scowled as she finished her cookie.

They talked a short while later, but left to be back in their dormitory well before curfew.

*

The next day Albus approached Richard Gudgeon. "Can we talk privately?" Albus inquired.

"Do you know a place where we can?" Richard asked, looking around to see if anyone noticed them talking.

"Follow me," Albus replied. The two of them left the Slytherin dormitory, and Albus led Richard to the same room he always used.

"Is this your private hideout?" an amused Richard asked, looking around at the small sitting room.

"Not really," Albus protested. "It is just one of a number of unused rooms in the castle."

The two sat and Richard inquired, "You wanted to talk to me?"

"I had a couple of run ins with your cousin Tanya last year, before she left Hogwarts," Albus started. "I do not get the feeling you are like her, but am not sure."

Richard thought for a while. "Tanya is the worst."

Albus waited for Richard to say more. He learned that people needed time to gather their thoughts, and sometimes it they just wanted people to listen.

"She is not only a pure blood supporter, but is mouthy," Richard finally noted. "Not the brightest, either. She married Fred Flint right out of Hogwarts. He is even dumber than she is, and they are both mean. They deserve each other. Her brother Tom Jr. is neither as dumb nor as much of an ass about the pure blood cause, although he would never be on your side. Their sister Susan is in your class. I think she is a follower, not a leader. Not bright, but not mean."

"I have had her in class," Albus confirmed thoughtfully, "and you are right. She seems to be a meek girl just trying to learn and fit in, but not very bright.