Ch 44 Premonitions

I decided that I could not ignore Covid-19, if I was writing a story tied to actual dates. More additions by and inspired by Deb, and another excellent mistake catch by Diane.

*

The train back to Hogwarts left Thursday, January second, 2020. At the opening feast Professor McGonagall told the students, "Since there is only one day left in this week, we are giving you all an abbreviated schedule for tomorrow. It will have all of your classes on it, but they will be very short classes. Your professors will give you assignments for next week, and collect any homework that you should have done over the holidays." She peered over her glasses at several students who blushed at her look.

There was a slight murmuring that went up from some of the students. A grinning Albus thought, that there were a few of the students that would be frantically trying to finish homework this evening.

Albus and Scorpius were back in the Slytherin dorm when Mafalda attacked them publicly and loudly in the common room. "I've learned about François, and the history of rape and theft in his family. Now he is trying to marry his way back into ownership of the winery your aunt stole from his family.

"'Harry Potter, Hero of Hogwarts' bah. Your father is a thief. Your uncle is a thief. You have stolen the property of poor Perth Parkinson, and the property of your cousins Fredrick, Nancy and Bert Weasley!

"Tell them, Perth, how Harry Potter and Bill Weasley stole your family business."

"It is true," Perth grumbled. "My father never stops complaining how the business was stolen from him."

The conversations in the Slytherin common room deteriorated from there, as Albus tried to defend his father and uncle, and Perth and Mafalda bitched. Some took Al's side while others took Mafalda and Perth's side and the largest group just watched, wanting popcorn as they watched. Few of the MELL students knew of the issues right after the war, but most of the Pure Blood Slytherin students did. Complaints about Harry Potter and Bill Weasley, actually against the whole new Ministry, were common among many of them.

The increasing prosperity of the more modern Magi, and the gentile poverty of the occasional very traditional family, was also a point of contention.

Eventually the discussion became so heated that someone called Professor McGonagall. She and professor Olivia Ollivander entered the Slytherin common room, and insisted that everyone go to their dormitory room.

Albus could sense some conflict between Professor McGonagall and Professor Ollivander, but at least for tonight they seemed to agree that the arguments needed to stop.

*

Lucy Weasley was the oldest of the cousins still at Hogwarts, but it was not in her nature to lead a cousins and friends meeting, so after talking to Lucy, Albus called a meeting Sunday afternoon. He invited the three Weasley cousins as well. In addition to Fredrick, Nancy and Bert, and Lucy, Louis Weasley was there. Also in attendance were James, Albus and Lily Potter, Rose and Hugo Granger-Weasley, Cleo and Scorpius.

As they assembled Lily asked Lucy, "Bob Hudson isn't here?"

Lucy shrugged her shoulders. "He is my brother-in-law, and a really good friend, but I am not sure he is that kind of friend."

"Is Scorpius your boyfriend, Rose?" Nancy asked. "You two are always together."

"He has a girlfriend," Rose sniffed. "He is here as, Albus, why is Scorpius here?"

"Rose and me, Scorpius and Cleo, are often a team," Albus replied. "We do some things together. We especially learn together. We are the four from Great Britain who are involved with Elves and Elfish.