All x Deaf reader

Requested by: Official_Mad

Title: Silence

Silence; all around me. It was always around me. I was just born with it; never alone. The silence never left me. I wish I'd been able to hear, something people took for granted every day.

Someone telling you they loved you. Your soulmate saying your name. Your best friend laughing. Your dog barking.

All those normal things that every day people heard, I would never. And I hated it. I hated never being able to hear, and I hated that I'd never be able to hear either. Everyone else ran around, perfectly healthy and laughing while I sat by myself, not even able to hear when someone was calling me to join them. When I was little, the other kids in school just thought I was stuck up, but in reality, I was waiting for someone to physically take my hand and pull me to their friends.

No one ever did.

So, that's how I spent my time; alone. If no one wanted me around, then I wouldn't just shove myself into someone's group. And anyways, other were always uncomfortable around deaf people.

Suddenly, there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see a guy standing behind me, rubbing the back of his head as his mouth opened. Oh, no. His mouth moved aimlessly, talking too fast for me to read. I didn't understand what he had said. It was a few seconds before he looked up from his shoes, a confused look on his red face. I gestured helplessly to my ears, then made an "x" motion with my fingers, which he seemed to understand. He awkwardly nodded and walked away, turning to glance at me over his shoulder. His eyes felt sadness, like he felt sorry for me.

Yeah, me too.

I decided to take a walk, making my way over to the lesser-traveled side of town. While on my way over there, I tried- tried, really tried- to hear something; anything. I opened my mouth and let out my soul, I clapped my hands together over and over again, I stomped my feet, and I even cried after that didn't work. I let my tears fall as loudly as I could, sobbing; not caring if someone else heard me. After all, what did it matter if I couldn't hear myself?

That was probably a horrible decision on my part.

I hadn't realized it just yet, but I had wandered into the bad side of town; where the gangs and other bad people hung out. I had stupidly led them to me by way of tantrum.

There were suddenly pulses in the ground near me, so I jumped, turning to see where it had come from. There were five men standing behind me, two to my left, three to my right, and one in front of me. I was surrounded. Then, the one in front opened his mouth and began to speak.

Well, well, He mouthed, crossing his arms and looking around at the other guys surrounding me. I didn't know what to do. What do we have tonight?

There was silence to me, so I turned around, confused. I was trying to see if someone else was talking, but before I could, I was suddenly struck. I fell to the ground hard, slamming my head down onto the concrete. I looked up through blurry eyes to see the men slowly closing in, tears rolling down my face.

Pulse.

Pulse.

Pulse.

Pulse.

I froze as the ground jumped subtly four times with the weight of new figures that had now entered the area. I didn't dare move; I was going to die, obviously. After, of course, some torturing and Jesus-loathing activities, maybe. Thinking the four people were backup of some kind, I just closed my eyes and waited for some sort of pain to hit me. At times like this the silence was comforting. There were always certain areas of time where the silence was comforting; when my parents were fighting about me in the living room, when there was a storm outside, and now this.

I waited for a few seconds before opening my eyes, wondering I wasn't being mauled. Then, I gasped as I slowly fell onto my back at the sight above me. There were men standing above me, dropping bodies, almost methodically. There were four against the other eleven or twelve men, easily holding their own. Though, it also might've been because they were easily towering over the men.

I just closed my eyes and continued to lay there, crying silently as I wondered why the men were helping me. Why would they help a deaf girl? Especially one that was going to be jumped by eleven men? I didn't know.

Suddenly, there was a gentle nudge on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see an outline of a figure in purple standing above me, pressing on my neck gently. Oh. My. Dod. It was a giant turtle. I froze and just stared at it, trying to figure out why it was touching me. As I watched it, it turned to the other three figures standing behind it and mouthed something.

She's alive.

She's awake too, The one in red said back as he motioned to me with his head. I just flinched away and sat up, feeling my head. The purple one turned back around and stood up, holding a hand down to me. I hesitantly reached up and took it, trying to ignore the fact that I could only feel three fingers, including the thumb. Pulling away as quickly as I could, I took a step back and evaluated the other turtles that were wearing red, blue, and orange bandanas.

Then, the orange one began speaking, his words too fast to pick up. After closing his mouth, I just stared at him, sucking my lips into my mouth. They realized something was wrong when I just shrugged, tilting my head.

Can you hear me, The blue one asked, taking a step forward. I hesitated for a second, but then shook my head. They looked at each other and shrugged. Then, the orange one stepped forward. He seemed to think for a second, then brightened and held his hand up to his forehead. Doing a weird salute motion, I grinned when I realized what he was doing.

He knew sign language.

Mikey, he motioned to himself. Then, he went around introducing his brothers. Leo, Raph, and Donnie.

(Y/n), I introduced myself. He did some more motions and then held his arm out to me.

Let us help you.

I reached up and grabbed it.

1. you cannot tell me that mikey wouldn't have a pizza plushie with a little face on it. you cant.

2. yoooo that mads and alexandra podcast tho