Forgotten clarity

I'm back from the dead 😂

It kinda took me a while to get the storyline settled, but now that it's out of the way, do I have your permission to kill off a character? (It's not Hawks or Dabi, surprising) Pls vote cuz that's what the next chapter is about O.o

Also don't know why I chose this song but it just kinda gave me a little inspiration dunno why XP

~Hawks pov~

Autumn leaves crunched under Dabi's boots as they ran deeper and deeper into the forest. Hawks clung onto Dabi's neck, just as he was told. All he had to do was wait it out until everything ended.

"Listen, I don't want to start a forest fire, since that would give them our exact location and the risks would be a pain in the ass."

Hawks only nodded. This wasn't any of his concern. He just needed to follow orders so he won't get hurt. Yes. If he couldn't die, then Hawks was gonna try living the rest of his life without any more pain. The rhythmic steps of the scarred villain calmed him. Hawks knew he should let it go, just forgive him. It would be way easier too. Even death sounded like a privilege to him. Maybe he could earn it.

Was that even how the world works?

Hawks's thoughts were too muddled, being mixed into his emotions. He wanted to let go. Just drift off.

Dabi cursed as Hawks felt another jolt through his body before they both tumbled on the tree roots before them. The ground gave way under Dabi's feet as it disintegrated, another new trick Shigaraki had learnt. A rustling of leaves above them reminded Hawks exactly who they were dealing with. As Dabi was falling, he gave Hawks a push, making him chose to injure himself when he landed on the forest floor or to fly.

Fly.

This word sounded so foreign to him, yet it gave off a feeling of warmth. The sky use to be his territory, his world, his everything. Hawks wondered if it was still the same up there. A small sigh escaped his lips as he finally decided to launch into the inky darkness.

...

He had forgotten. Forgotten how it felt to fly. It was the freedom Hawks was so familiar about, and with each flap of his wings, the fog in his mind seemed to clear away.

Hawks suddenly stopped, letting himself drop a few meters before gracefully landing on the trees below. Toga, who was just a few feet away, perched on another branch spectating Dabi and Shigaraki's fight. Blue flames being shut off by disintegration. Shigaraki had certainly grown stronger.

Deciding to control the situation himself, he gave one flap of his new wings, testing their limits. With his hand outstretched, he grabbed Toga into a chokehold.

Shigaraki, who wasn't far from catching up to what he was doing, did the same thing to Dabi. Watching his every movement.

His nerves decided it was a good time to act up, and Hawks shook like a leaf as he held a sharpened feather to Toga's throat. He didn't want to do this. Not again.

"H-how about a trade?" Hawks shouted, voice wavering.

Shigaraki snickered.

"You don't look that good, Hawks."

His breath caught in his throat, hands still shaking. Hawks needed to do this. It was either that or Dabi dies and probably himself too. This was different. If Jin really did see him as a friend, he would understand why he had to do that. Hawks had no choice. This time, it was for Dabi.

"If you don't let him go, I'll kill her?" Hawks almost laughed at how ironic he sounded. It wasn't a fucking movie. This was his life. One wrong move and Dabi's gone forever.

The L.O.V leader looked at him, pondering on the statement while Toga looked betrayed, ready to kill him herself.

"Fine. On the count of three, we both let go"

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

Hawks immediately loosened the chokehold, allowing Toga to wriggle free. There was no time to waste. He had to get them both out of here, in one piece.

Maybe if he had been smarter he'd know that Shigaraki wasn't gonna let go on three, cuz villains don't play by the rules.

This chapter do be short thou 😂