Sacrifices to be made

~Hawks's pov~

"Three."

Hawks let go immediately, watching the blond teen rub her neck sheepishly.

Shigaraki, on the other hand, had other ideas. Hawks watched in horror as the villain tightened his gloved hands around Dabi's neck. A fifth finger was placed down and he could only stare as his body froze with dread.

"Please don't," he pleaded meekly.

This wasn't about to happen. He had just gotten his common senses back and now he was going to loose the person that he loved. As his eyes welled up, Toga too began to turn around.

"Shiggy you aren't actually gonna kill him r-right?"

There was no response from Shigaraki.

The leaves rustled as the three of them stood there, waiting for someone to make another move. Dabi gradually grew limp in Shigaraki's grip, finally loosing conscious. Hawks drew a sharpened feather from his wings, slowly lowering himself in a crouching position. He could tell that Shigaraki was getting ready to put the fifth finger down and there was nothing he could do. Might as well try for the sake of it though.

He lunged forward, trying to catch Shigaraki off-guard, but by the smirk on his face, Hawks already failed.

A white blur filled his vison.

Why was everyone shouting?

He couldn't hear a single goddam thing anyone was saying but just saw their mouths moving. That one voice he could pick out from the confusion was just so familiar. A little too familiar.

Mirko?

...

"Hello this is Sansa reporting. We arrived at the crime scene as fast as we could, but there was still one casualty to be reported. Mirko, the rabbit hero was found at the scene, deseased. Her body was already half disintegrated, presumably Shigaraki's doing. We-we are d-doing our best at the moment-"

The cat officer broke off, tears already welling up in his eyes. Even though Mirko was dead, one thing was clear. Hawks was still alive. There was a single black feather left at the scene, so similar to those red ones. If that really was the case, please. Please don't go back. It was already too late for Musutafu to recover from all of the villain attacks they were getting. But Hawks? If he could escape all of that, then that's all Sansa needed.

He had seen what happened to the number 2, and despite all the rumours about him being a cocky arrogant hero, Hawks was always working past his scheduled time. The officer knew that he was taking on extra patrols just so that he didn't have any time to spare. So that he could keep his emotions in check.

Good luck, Hawks.

...

"I'm so sorry Hawks, I-" Dabi broke off.

He didn't mean to.

Didn't mean to get Hawks's best friend killed.

His childhood friend was a sobbing mess in front of him and Dabi had no clue what to do. They had been apart for so long, and now, when he could finally talk to him alone, he had do idea what to say. Right now, in that forest, there wasn't a pair of lovers hiding and seeking for saftey. There was only two strangers. 

Even though Dabi was powerless, he still sat down and embraced Hawks. Started to heat himself up and rested his head in the crook of Hawks's neck.

"It wasn't your fault, feathers."

"Why do you have to beat yourself up for it?" his voice cracked on the last word, but the message was out.

No one was to blame here. They were the results of the people around them. This whole mess was just another product of their surroundings, and who could blame them? Dabi wanted nothing more than just to lie here forever, but now wasn't a good time.

Whatever. Five minutes couldn't hurt anyone. At least not anymore.

A/N

Finally got this chapter out of my system :>

Ik its trash but I'm running out of ideas at this point...

sorry.