Chapter 30

Jade and Celia were going out for dinner.

At first Celia had suggested that they go to Midnight Sun but Jade didn't feel like making anymore alcohol infused and impulsive decisions so she politely declined until Celia offered that they go for dinner.

Currently, they were dressing up in Celia's closet.

"Can I borrow this?" Jade asked lifting a sleeveless black dress that reached her mid-thigh.

Celia walked over and felt the dress between her fingers.

"You know I had forgotten I owned this dress. I wore it on my first date with Her," Celia said wistfully and Jade smiled.

"It's beautiful," Jade said with a small smile.

"Take it," Celia replied with a grin before walking away.

Jade wasn't sure she had heard Celia right. Celia was known for her sentimental nature, she held on to things and people. Giving away sentimental things was out of character for her.

"What happened?" Jade prodded quietly setting the dress aside.

Celia sighed before sliding onto the soft carpet, her bed leaning against the wall. Jade walked over and sat next to her patiently waiting for Celia to spill the beans.

"I am leaving Her," Celia announced and Jade's eyes widened. "I met this guy, he's called Clive, the pizza dude I got arrested, remember?"

Jade was confused but amused.

"Are you guys like a thing now?" Jade asked trying to get the gist of what Celia was trying to say.

"Well I ordered a pizza and he delivered it before he apologized for what he said. We had a deep heart to heart conversation seated in the hallway and we bonded. He is a really cool guy and I like him, a lot.

"So now we are taking things slowly, figuring things out. I haven't broken up with Her officially yet. I just need to secure a few things first then we're done."

Jade was happy for Celia. She gushed and squeezed Celia's hand.

"I am so happy for you and Clive. Is he bitter about his arrest?" Jade teased and Celia laughed with an eye roll.

"He isn't. He's pretty chilled about it," Celia replied with a proud smile.

"So what things do you need to secure?" Jade asked cautiously breaking the small silence that had threatened to take over.

"Her is helping me open my own fashion boutique. It's going on well so far, it's a chic place. We finished stocking up yesterday and, in a few weeks, we are having our open night. I need to secure the boutique first before I break up with her and set her off into a frenzy. My investor will pull out of the deal and I can't have that," Celia explained.

Jade's heart twitched that Celia had never told her anything. Were they friends anymore? At the same time, Jade was happy for her friend. She was on her way to making her own money, she wouldn't need Her anymore.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jade whispered with a slightly hurt expression.

"You were caught up in your own messes but now you know," Celia finished and Jade nodded.

"I am happy for you and I promise to be there for you more," Jade said and Celia grinned.

"I also got the apartment," Celia continued and Jade raised her eyebrows in confusion. "I mean, Her bought it for me. I am so happy. I get to walk away from my relationship with a brand-new car, a luxury apartment and a boutique. I should really thank Her."