Chapter Three

Layla's POV

Jason kept sending me looks out of the corner of his eye throughout the lesson. Ordinarily, it would make me feel uncomfortable but for some reason, it didn't. It made my heart race and my cheeks heat up, as much as I tried to ignore it apart of I just wanted to hug him and never let go, to kiss his pretty plump lips and only stop for air, I craved him and I didn't know why. Something was drawing me to him. Something that I couldn't understand nor comprehend. The bell went and I quickly piled my stuff into my bag, fully intended to rush away from Jason and these unknown feelings he created, before I could carry out my plan Jason wrapped his large hand around my much smaller wrist. His grip was soft as if the last thing he wanted to do was hurt me but still tight enough that I couldn't get away. Sparks flew up my arm starting from there his hand made contact with my skin. 

"Don't you want to meet my friends?" Jason's voice sent shivers down my back and my legs felt weak like they no longer wanted to fulfil their purpose. 

"Sure," I answer, forcing my voice to come out normally as if my whole body didn't feel like it was on fire in a good way. I know that doesn't make sense but I did feel like I was on fire in a good way. Heat and sparks travelled around my body, all of it coming from him. I wanted it to stop, the feeling was unknown and I hated the unknown, however, I didn't want him to let go. I was craving his touch. I wondered if Jason was feeling the same things I was. But decided he wasn't or was very good at hiding it. 

"Good." Jason smiled, letting go of my wrist making me want to whimper. I wanted him to touch me again, I wanted to feel his warmth, his touch, the sparks. I shook my thoughts away, this was not how I acted, I was not some desperate teenage girl who couldn't control her emotions. I was stronger than this. The two guys that he had walked in with were now stood around us, all of them were tall and muscular but not as tall as Jason and nowhere near as hot. "Guys, this is Layla. My mate. Layla, my beautiful mate, this is Grayson and Logan." Grayson was about 5'11 with brown hair that covered one of his green eyes, he had a sweet smile on his face and was wearing a white shirt with black jeans. Logan had blue eyes, and buzz-cut hair he was 6'1 ish and had a smirk on his face. 

"Mate? Aren't they your mates too?" I ask mate is another way of saying friend so surely I'm just a new friend. I don't understand why he keeps calling me his mate. He's only known me less than an hour and we haven't spoken much. Everyone is quiet and their eyes glass over, I look between the three friends with my head tilted to the side. What's happening here? Something strange was happening in this town and I wanted to know what it was. 

"We should go to our next class," Jason announces once they finally break out of their trance, he ignores my previous question. 

"Whatever." I sigh, getting frustrated. My whole life has been one big mystery and people never tell me what's going on. It's starting to piss me off. I have a right to know what's going on and yet again everything seems to be a secret. I walk away not bothering to wait for him, I just go to my locker and angrily change my books at an alarmingly fast pace before storming to my next class. This is going to be a long day. 

~~~~~~~~~~

I was on my way home now. I had spent the day avoiding Jason and his friends. It's partly because of the feelings he brings out of me but also because I was tired of people and their secrets. I drive back to the house, anger still brewing inside me. I don't know why I was so angry, I was used to secrets. Something about Jason just made the fact that he was keeping secrets oddly almost painful. I should just stay away from him, but the idea of staying away from him was painful and made my eyes water. I need to get a grip here. I was being pathetic. 

"Hi honey, how was school?" Sarah's cheery voice asks once I've walked through the door. I take off my shoes and put the keys in the bowl they were originally in.