Prologue

"We're doing what's best for her," Annabell spoke in a soft voice, her eyes filling with tears.

"We need to let her go, Anne," Jason spoke sadly.

"Sometimes I wish you weren't my mate." Annabell spoke softly, "I didn't know it would be this hard."

"I'm sorry my Queen." Jason sighed sadly, knowing exactly how his mate felt. He often wondered if it was worth it. When he found his mate he was joyful of course. And even more so when they had been gifted with a child.

But now. Now they had to give their child away. Neither of the two knew how to react. They both wanted to hold their baby and protect her from harm. But they couldn't. They knew what future would be in store for her if they kept her. This was the best way to protect her.

Annabell wrapped a necklace around her baby girls neck. "I'm a sorry princess." She whispered before holding her husband's hand and allowing him to woosh them away in the wind. Both wondering if they made the right decision.

The baby woke up, crying after being woken from her sleep without the comforting faces of her family. 

"Honey look at this." A woman spoke, opening the door to find the crying baby. A man joined the woman. "What should we do?" 

"Look after her. She must need a home." The man suggested. 

"Okay, sweetie. Tomorrow I'll get into contact with the adoption services and make sure everything is legal." The woman replied, something deep within her telling her to protect the baby. 

"Okay honey, let's take her inside. She must be freezing."