❘༻Detention༺❘

Five minutes before the detention, George Weasley rushed through the hallways and almost flew through the doors of the classroom. Professor Lupin raised his head from his book at the loud noise, then raised his eyebrow in confusion.

"Good evening, Mr Weasley."

"Hello, professor," the redhead said and threw his bag on the front desk, then approached his professor.

"May I know what has gotten into you today, child?"

George looked at the doors, then back at the man. Just as he opened his mouth to talk, his brother and his crush entered the classroom, both laughing. Fred loudly greeted his professor and Roseanne nodded as a greeting. George stepped closer to the main desk so that they couldn't hear him.

"Do we have to sit separately?"

"Yes, Mr Weasley."

Remus looked down at his book again and flipped the page. He wasn't reading anymore. He just didn't feel like looking at the boy.

"Could you possibly make Roseanne sit with me?"

The man clenched his jaw, then blinked a few times. The redhead patiently stood in front of him, hoping for a good answer. Doesn't that boy sit with her all the time? Also, he wanted Rose to sit alone. He wanted to admire her without George ruining the frame. Which is why he replied: "No."

"But-"

"Back to your seat, Mr Weasley."

George sighed in defeat and went back to his seat. Rose could see that something was wrong and sent him a smile, hoping it would help. The redhead smiled back, then sat down and started to pull out his books.

"There's no need for that. The two of you will be rearranging the books Miss Pennington failed to," Remus pointed towards the shelves and stacks of books, "and Miss Periculum will help me grade these exams."

The twins stood up, one of them sending glares towards his professor and the other one laughing with amusement. Rose only watched in confusion. Professor Lupin called her over, telling her to bring the chair with her. She got closer to him, then placed the chair in front of his desk. The man looked up from the papers for a moment.

"Here, Miss Periculum." He said as he used his wand to pull her chair next to him.

She approached it with unsure steps, trying to figure out if she will make it out alive tonight. Just being that close to him seemed hard. She knew she won't be able to control her thoughts. Hopefully, he will know after last night to not enter her mind for his own sake. Rose sat down next to him, already feeling her cheeks heat up. The sweating on her hands had already started and she wondered how she will hold the quill. The sweat wasn't the only problem. Just a minute after George separated from them and left earlier, Fred lit up a cigarette outside. Rose smoked a few times with them, knowing that it's not good for her. She couldn't explain it, but something about it made her a bit less nervous. That's why she smoked one today too. Even though they used the spell to remove the smell, she was still afraid that professor Lupin would sense it.

She wondered if he smoked. Fred and George always looked so attractive with their messy uniforms and smoke coming out of their lips. There was just something about the way both of them looked lost in their thoughts, occasionally running their fingers through their hair and loosening up their ties. They never stopped at one like Rose did. Two, three, even four cigarettes later, they would call it a day and do the spell for removing the smell.

"Didn't know you had a thing for redheads, Rosie."

The girl shook her head, then focused on her professor. She wasn't sure if she heard correctly. "Sorry?"