|༻To Love༺|

"Your parents never accompany you when you leave for Hogwarts?"

"We are way past that stage."

Noah hummed. He walked beside Roseanne, pulling her luggage for her and only allowing her to hold a pastry he stopped to buy for her. It was all round and pink, just like her cheeks when he would look at her a bit longer. Noah couldn't explain it, but there was this feeling and need of protection when he was with her. It was obvious that her family was giving her a hard time, yet she kept her mouth shut and endured it all as if it's normal. He saw lots of things in his life, but Roseanne floating above the dinner table with her back arched and tears falling on the wooden surface was something he never wished to see again.

"Where is your pet, love?"

"I had to leave Coco behind. She is sick and I have to study more starting tomorrow."

Noah hummed again, then slowed down. He wished to spend just a bit more time with her until she leaves. Seeing all students around them with their parents must've been hard for her.

"Not really," she said.

"Sorry?"

"It's not hard for me. I'm used to it." She replied, then took a bite out of the small éclair.

"Legilimens?" He questioned.

"No idea. I just hear things sometimes, whether I like it or not. It's strange, though. I only experienced it with three people until now."

The young man didn't question her. Instead, he focused on the way she delicately held the pastry. He also noticed how round her cheeks became after a week of her getting home. Could it be that Hogwarts didn't feed the students well?

"Oh, this is just perfect." Rose almost moaned after finishing the small treat. "Thank you, Noah."

"You deserve it, little one."

He didn't fail to notice the small pause she made in her steps. But as if nothing happened, she gulped and continued to walk. He wished to know what caused that reaction. Perhaps his nicknames were too much for her.

They finally reached the train. Noah stepped in front of the girl, putting the luggage down for a moment. He gently pulled her towards one of the walls so he could peacefully say his goodbye.

"Miss Periculum, do I make you uncomfortable?" He asked.

"No, of course not." She replied a bit too fast, eyes focused on her luggage which was too far from them for her liking.

Noah sighed, then put his hand on the wall near her head. His other hand gently raised her head so that she could finally look at him.

"I know we started off a bit wrong that evening, and I wasn't much of an interesting company at the tavern, but I do think there's a lot to uncover."