Lip

"tonight. tonight's the night you're gonna tell him, he's going to understand." y/n bit their lip, looking into the mirror before sighing, "tomorrow maybe." defeated, they left the bathroom freshly showered and clothes in a tank top and shorts. the summer had so far been unforgivable and it didn't help having to share a bed with lip. y/n walked into their shared bedroom with lip,

who was already in bed, smoking a cigarette. y/n rubbed their eyes before climbing in next to him, taking the cigarette lip offered. taking a drag from it and inhaling deeply before handing it back to him laying down and curling up next to lip as he put out the smoke and did the same. "g'night, y/n."y/n

turned to face lip burying their face in his chest. "night." muffled by hid tank top. they breathed in the remaining smell if his cologne, helping them to relax slightly. another deep breath in and out before it became stuttered, and suddenly tears were falling down their face.

lip pulled away from them to look in their eyes, "hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?" he wiped their eyes but more tears just fell.

"i'm sorry." y/n cried, attempting to wipe their face as well. "i've just been really stressed with work and the classes i've been taking and i told debbie i'd help her out with franny. and just-" their voice cracked, cutting them off.

"hey," lip said pulling them closer, holding them tightly. "it's going to be okay. we can have a lazy day soon, okay? we can figure out a day where we can just do nothing all day. how does that sound? good?" y/n's head nodded slightly in agreement.

they pulled away from lip, looking him in the eye, "i have something to tell you, actually. i understand if you'd wanna break up after i tell you, i wouldn't blame you. i just hope you don't."

"what is it?" he asked gently.

y/n took a stuttering breath in, "okay, well. i'm nonbinary which pretty much means i don't identify as a girl or a guy and i would use the pronouns they and them. do you understand?"

lip's eyebrows furrowed as he looked down at y/n listening to them speak, "not really."

"um, okay. so you know how that guy trevor that ian used to date was trans?" lip nodded so y/n continued, "he was born biologically a female but he knew he was actually a guy, male. he didn't feel like a girl. with me, i was born biologically female but i don't feel like a girl but i also don't feel like a guy. so i am gender non conforming or nonbinary. do you get that."

lip nodded, "uh, yeah. kinda. so what do i call you?"

"okay so instead if saying she's in the kitchen or whatever when referring to me you'd say they're in the kitchen." y/n explained.

"okay. so do i still call you my girlfriend if you're not... a girl?"

y/n began tearing up again, "you still wanna be with me?" they whimpered.

lip grabbed their face, wiping tears away with his thumbs, "of course i do. i love you. this doesn't change anything." he pulled them closer connecting their lips in a sweet kiss.

"god, i love you, too." y/n muttered burying their head in lip's neck, his strong arms wrapping around them.