ⅰ︎․︎

 ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎

☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎

𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥

the sound of people coming in and out of their cells and the prison had woken samantha from her deep slumber. the girl groaned and placed her pillow over her head to try to block out the noise, wondering why the hell people were already out at such an early hour. it was then that samantha realized she had woken up a little later than she was normally should.

"shit," she cursed as she jumped out of bed. she started to change into casual clothes, before looking over at carl to find him still asleep. "wake up, carl!"

carl grumbled incoherent words as he smudged his face further into his pillow and threw his blanket over his head. samantha rolled her eyes at his antics, and threw her pillow at him. "ya levántate, no voy a preguntar de nuevo."

"i have no idea what you just said, therefore, i am going back to sleep." carl's words were mumbled as he spoke.

he assumed samantha had given up when he was met with silence, but was proven wrong by a slap to the back of his head. "ow!" he exclaimed and rubbed the spot where the girl hit him as he sent her a glare. "what was that for?"

"we slept in, cowboy!"

carl's eyes widened as he sat up. "are you serious?" he quickly threw his comforter off of him and jumped out of bed, before hastily picking out his clothes, making samantha turn and face the wall to let him change.

"we don't even have time to eat." carl pointed out as he finished buttoning up his pants and went to put on his shoes.

"no te preocupes, i got 2 apples in my bag because i knew this would happen eventually."

carl smiled fondly at her - although she didn't see it because she was still faced away from him. "thanks, sam. also you can turn around now." he informed her.

samantha did as she was told and watched as carl finished tying his shoes. she tossed him an apple before grabbing her journal.

the boy eyed the book once they walked a good distance away from the prison. "do you really have to take the journal?" he asked after swallowing the piece of apple in his mouth.