ⅳ︎.

 ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎

☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎

"mateo, samantha, baja aquí antes de que la comida se enfríe!"

11-year-old samantha and 17-year-old mateo ran down the stairs, pushing each other so the other will be the first in the kitchen. samantha was about to make it when suddenly mateo grabbed her by the waist, causing her to squeal, and stepped foot inside the kitchen.

"you cheated!" the girl stated once her brother set her down at the kitchen table.

"all's fair in love and war, sis." he teased.

"oh, i'll show you fair!"

"alright, alright, that's enough from you two." lucia álvarez interrupted the squabble as she went to sit with her kids, and hit the back of mateo's head in the process, causing him to let out a yelp. "ya estás 17 pero todavía actúas como un niño."

"yeah." samantha stuck out her tongue at mateo's injury, making him mock her back.

"so how's school, mija? any boys?" lucia wiggled her eyebrows and shimmied her shoulders.

samantha groaned. "mom-"

mateo pointed his fork at his mother. "woah, woah. sam no va a tener un novio hasta que tenga, como, 40." he spoke with his mouth full of food.

"first of all, cerrar tu boca, pinche cochino marrón." lucia quickly scolded before waving her fork in the air. "and second, she's allowed to have a boyfriend as long as she keeps them in check. she deserves to be treated como un reina."

"please, no hables como si no estuviera aquí." samantha stated as she covered her flushed face, embarrassed that she was having this kind of conversation with her family rather than her friends.