ⅱ︎.

 ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎

☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎

"careful out there." rick told michonne as he, samantha, and carl made their way to the garden to get some work done.

"always am. any requests? books? comics? some stale m&ms?"

"you're the one that likes stale m&ms." carl pointed out.

"then i'll definitely be looking for some. i'll look for some stuff you and sam like, too." she smiled as she pulled the horse along. "why don't you wear your hat anymore?"

"it's not a farming hat. see you soon?"

"pretty soon."

and with that, the four went on their way. samantha went to grab the bucket from their little hut they built while rick started to explain to carl what was needed to do. samantha handed the bucket to carl and stood to the side to write down in her journal.

carl looked around as he held the bucket up for his father, spotting a few walkers growling by the fence near him. his eyes shifted to a different part of the fence where more walkers were gathered in a group rather than spread out, and the fence creaked as they pulled and pushed it.

"they only took out one cluster yesterday," carl began, and samantha knew what the boy was hinting at. "probably gonna need more people today. maybe we could help."

"i got other plans involving dirt and cucumbers, keeping people fed."

"well, if you don't want to, maybe i could. could i?"

"we have other plans." rick emphasized as he stood up from the ground and began to walk away. "that's what i should have said."

samantha watched carl's eyes follow after his father and closed her journal. "he'll let you help soon, carl. but he won't if you keep nagging him about it." she sighed.

"but-"

"no buts. now come on, we still got work to do."

car grumbled under his breath as he followed behind the girl, and he knew she was right; however, that wasn't gonna stop him from continuing to try.