Chapter 13: The Even Bigger News

Severus' POV

After we heard the news, we were shocked. We didn't expect it to happen this soon. Sure, we both knew it was a high possibility, but we thought we still had some time.

Poppy started saying that we should visit St. Mungos soon, because she doesn't know much about pregnancies, but neither of us paid much attention. We were still processing that Isa was pregnant.

After realizing that neither of us were paying attention, she just gave us a paper with all she recommended to do. She said we could go, and so, after helping Isa out of bed, we walked out.

Once we made it back to our chambers, we sat on the couch for a while, just thinking. Eventually, Isa asked me, "You do want this baby, don't you?"

I looked at her in surprise. "Of course I do Isa! I told you before, I would love to have a child with you. It's just a lot to take in. What are you thinking?" I said.

"Just how I'm supposed to have a baby," she said, smiling weakly, but with a scared look in her eyes.

I shifted on the couch so I could pull her into a hug. "Darling, you can do this. You're the strongest girl I know, if anyone can, you can. I'll be by your side the whole time. I promise you, we can do this," I said, pulling her into a light kiss.

She kissed me back, but I pulled away when I felt tears running down her cheeks. I looked at her with worried eyes, thinking that I made it worse.

She saw the look in my eyes and laughed, saying, "They're happy tears Sev, what you said was just so sweet."

"I meant every bit of it," I told her, pulling her in for another kiss.

Time Skip (A few weeks later):

Melissa's POV

Throughout the past few weeks, my pregnancy symptoms seemed to only get worse. It was awful throwing up every day, sometimes multiple times in one day, and being tired nearly nonstop. The worst part was that I couldn't take any potions to help because they might harm the baby.

Hermione and Ginny were thrilled when I told them the news, and kept telling me that they knew it. I could tell Draco was really happy and excited for me, even if he didn't express it as much as the girls did.

Sev and I had written a letter to Narcissa and Lucius, and they wrote back their congratulations, but couldn't stop by, as they had daily raids that The Dark Lord made them do as a way to earn back their loyalty to him.

A few days ago, Sev and I had one of our first arguments. Sev wanted to tell Professor McGonagall about our Bond and the baby, but I told him no. I didn't want another person to know about us, and I knew that if she knew I was pregnant, she would treat me differently.

Sev insisted on telling her though. He said that he couldn't stand lying to her, they had been so close for so long, and that she deserved to know. He also said that I had told my friends, so why couldn't he tell his?

Eventually, I said he could tell her, and so he did. Surprisingly, she didn't treat me much differently from before, besides being more understanding if I needed to skip class whether it was from sickness or tiredness.

She was also really great to talk to, and we became pretty close with our daily conversations, asking each other how one another was doing. We were even on a first-name basis now.

Today it was Saturday morning, and I was getting dressed to head to breakfast. When I looked in the mirror, however, I let out a scream of shock.

I had a baby bump. It might have been small, but it was definitely visible. I was only in my seventh week of pregnancy, how the hell did I have a baby bump?!