Getting to Know Marinette

The group of teenagers dash through the school, hoping to reach the classroom in time. Once they do, the bell rings, and they quicjly take their seats. Adrien does a little wave at Marinette before taking his, causing her cheeks to blush, as well as Chloe's, but fuled by anger instead.
He quickly sits down, wishing to not cause a scene anymore, and Nino sits next to him. The teacher walks in with a smile on her face as she greets the class and begins teaching. However, Adrien's thoughts were taking him somewhere else.
      "I'm so screwed," Adrien thinks to himself while taking a quick glance back at Marinette. "How am I going to convince her to go on a date with me. Also, what am I going to say to her? She's scarred by everything I do! And my father won't approve of me bringing someone over without notice. Ugh, what am I going to do?"
     "Hey Adrien, are you okay?" Nino whispers to him with a concerned look on his face. "You look like someone is about to kill you,"
"Oh... I was that distracted," Adrien says, but midsentence, his voice trails off to a mumble.
   "Yeah, what's going on?" Nino whispers to Adrien.
   He quickly glances back towards Marinette for a second then stares at Nino eye to eye. A quick sigh escapes from his lips, struggling to come up with words while his fingers tap against each other. There may as well be butterflies in his stomach.
      "I think I have a crush on Marinette," Adrien quietly responds, loud enough for only Nino to hear, and feeling nervous and relieved at the same time.
     Nino's eyes go wide in shock while his jaw completely drops. Despite being in that state, he couldn't help but feel happy for his friend.
    "Don't worry Adrien, all you have to do is tell her," Nino cheerfully states towards Adrien while resting his hand on his shoulder.
     "Yeah, but what if she doesn't like me back Nino," Adrien sighs out to him, looking at Nino directly in his eyes.
     Nino nearly snickers at this remark, but quickly zips his lips together, preventing any snickers from escaping his mouth.
    "Dude, I'm pretty sure she'll dig you back," Nino happily says to him.
     "You better keep silent or I'm sending you to the principal's office Nino!" Miss Mendeleiev snaps out at him, causing everyone in the class to straighten their backs.
    "Sorry Miss Mendeleiev," Nino sighs out to her. "I'll keep my mouth shut,"
    "Good," Mendeleiev responds, turning around to write some facts down.
     "Maybe I should tell her during lunch, or when no one is around. That does seem like a better option," Adrien whispers to himself.
     The day goes by quicker than he expected, because before he knew it, the lunch bell rang, allowing kids to head out to the school cafeteria to eat. Adrien checks his pocket, hoping for Plagg, but nothing is there, and he instantly suggests that he went out to get some cheese. The stairs seem quite harder to walk upon than usual, but he doesn't know why.
    The tray of food had a small cartoon of milk, a sandwich, a bag of chips, and a banana. He hastily  takes the tray and heads over to the seats. His eyes narrow while checking the cafeteria, trying to find Marinette. It doesn't take long until he notices a pair of blue pigtails, and he instantly heads over there. Ayla and Nino are also sitting next to Marinette, but Ayla quickly leaves with a smirk on her face the second she sees Adrien.
     "Hey Adrien!!!" Nino calls out to him, beckoning him to head over towards their group. "Some seats are open if you want to join us,"
     "Sure, I'm coming," Adrien happily says to him while heading towards them in a fast pace.
     One of the seats was already scooted away from the table, and that seat was right across from Marinette. He takes it without thinking, wanting to sit next to Nino. However, the second he does sit down, Nino tells them that he has to get some homework from his locker to finish, and leaves. The tray Adrien holds is set on the table, and he looks around, realizing they were the only two people at this table.
     "Really Ayla?!" Marinette whispers to herself while her cheeks blush red, her voice quiet enough so Adrien couldn't hear her. "You just had to set me up on a date with him. This may be nice, but I can't do anything without making a total mess of myself,"
     "Okay Adrien, it's only the two of you at this table. Tell her about the Miraculous, but someone could overhear," Adrien thinks to himself, glancing off into the distance. "Okay, then tell her you have something important to tell her after school. No one is going to be there then,"
"Hello Marinette," Adrien begins with a happy grin on his face while rubbing the back of his neck. "I never noticed how great you were at your classes. Which subject do you enjoy the most?"
"Oh, well I guess art since it helps inspire me with my designs," Marinette awkwardly says to Adrien while trying to use her pigtails to cover her volcanic cheeks. "I also get to make other stuff besides clothing in that class,"
"You love art too," Adrien pipes up. "Art gives me a chance to see other people's projects. You know, since I mainly wear one designers clothing. So it helps me see other perspectives on fashion. Max adds a techno flare to his art while Rose like adding cute bunnies and mice on everything,"
"Oh, and Ayla loves making superhero clothing since she's such a huge fan of Ladybug," Marinette hppily says to Adrien, while her shyness fades a little. "I've seen some of her designs, and they are astounding, but I don't think Ladybug would want to change her outfit. I bet Chat would do it in a heartbeat though,"
"Oh right, I need to tell her about Chat Noir," Adrien thinks to himself, and he would have slapped himself too if Marinette wasn't there.
"I have something important to tell you Marinette," Adrien says to her, clutching the edge of the table due to stress. "But I can only do it after school when we're alone. I don't want anyone else over hearing,"
"Is that why you invited me to your house to begin with?" Marinette ask Adrien, and he nods.
"Is he too nervous to ask me out in public?" Marinette thinks to herself while her feet nervously tap against the ground. "I thought Ayla was only joking when she told me he had a crush on me, but things have been so different today,"
"Marinette, are you okay?" Adrien asks her while reaching out to touch her shoulder.
"Yeah, I'm fine," Marinette says in a high pitch tone to Adrien, trying to cover up her panicking tone. "I'm hungry right now so I can't think right. Guess I better eat my lunch,"
She quickly eats her lunch, trying to get out of the room as soon as possible. Adrien eats as well, but checks around to see where Nino and Ayla have gone, only to see them watching the two of them from a distance. The second Marinette finishes, she takes her tray and runs off to the doors to leave.
"Huh, guess she wanted to get to class in time," Adrien says to himself while continuing to eat his food.
A few minutes later, the bell rings, telling the kids to head towards the classroom unless they want detention. He patiently waits for the bell to ring, his thoughts constantly playing to scene to how he will tell Marinette about his identity and how he accidentally discovered hers.
       Just the image of her reaction makes him panic. A part of him isn't even sure if she wanted to hang out with him after kunch, or how his father will react to him bringing a guest into the house. All he knows is that no matter what, someone is getting mad. At this rate, he almost regrets finding out her identity.
     Suddenly, the school bell rings, causing his ears to ache. He glances towards the clock and due to his surprise, the block ended, allowing everyone to head towards their next class. Chloe instantly runs towards Adrien with a grin on her face ear to ear.
    "Lets walk to our next class together Adrien," Chloe happily says while grabbing Adrien's shirt to drag him along, her eyes secretly eyeing Marinette and Ayla, but they ignore her and leave. "Come on already. Apparently, dad thinks it's best if I actually make it to class in time, but it's not like their's anything he can do about it, so we can take a little detour,"
     "Sorry Chloe, I can walk with you to class, but I don't think I can take a detour," Adrien responds while Chloe looses her grip on his shirt. "Father would take me out of school if I was purposely missing class, and I don't want to upset him,"
      "Fine, but you owe me an icecream later," Chloe sighs out and swiftly turning around, her hair flipping along with her. "Well, aren't you heading to class already slowpoke?"
     "I'm right beside you," Adrien says in a happy tone towards Chloe while following her out the door. "Isn't Sabrina normally by your side,"
       "She left me for the day all because she got sick," Chloe pouts out while having her arms crossed in anger. "If you have a cold, just suck it up and go to school. Especially if you're some pesky geek who follows me around all day and does my homework,"
      "You don't have to say that about Sabrina Chloe," Adrien confronts her while resting a hand on her shoulder. "I know you miss her,"
     "And you don't have to make a big deal out of this. She'll be fine tomorrow," Chloe angrily says to Adrien, yet her eyes are full of sorrow. "She has to be,"
    "I know you care about her more then you let on Chloe," Adrien tells her with a small smile on his face. "And if you want, I can help you tell her that tomorrow,"
     "Ugh, no," Chloe stammers out while glancing into the courtyard, stopping her pace. "I'm just upset that my homework won't be completed,"
    She leans over the railing and presses against it, not caring about class anymore. Her eyes are stiff, and she hardly blinks as she stiffly stares downwards. Adrien peaks his head over to find out what she could be looking at, but he couldn't find anything apart from the ground. He does find something wrong with Chloe though, that being a few tears fall from the corner of her eye.
     "What's wrong Chloe?" Adrien cautiously asks her, slowly realizing that there may be something more than Sabrina just being sick and her homework not getting done. "You can tell me,"
    Chloe hesitates for a moment, slightly turning her head towards Adrien. Her eyes are stern and cold, and a small frown is on her face. A part of her is relieved that someone asked her this, yet the other part is nervous over the outcome.
    "If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell anyone else," Chloe sternly tells him. "Dad is trying to keep this issue under wraps until this problem ended. He doesn't want the citizens to know because an election is coming up, and his position is under threat with a new canidate,"
    "There are masked supervillains in Paris every week. What could he possibly have to hide?" Adrien says to Chloe in a humorous way, dreading what she is going to say.
    "An akuma trapped Sabrina in a coma," Chloe sighs out to him. "And she's not the only one,"

  (Sorry that it's been awhile. I'll try publishing more parts of the story sooner. Chat Blanc is coming soon though.)