To Tell or not to Tell

"You really messed up this time Adrien," Plagg sighs out as he comes out of his suit, resulting in Chat Noir to turn back to Adrien. "Once Ladybug finds out you're in big trouble. That's for sure,"
A large groan escapes from his lips while tumbling on the bed, taking in every last word from Plagg. He scrunches up the sheets to shield his face, letting humiliation take over his emotions. His thoughts constantly replay the prior events, wishing to forget them, but at the same time, intruiged of how Marinette could pull off such a thing.
      "I didn't mean to see her Plagg," Adrien sighs out as he slightly raises his head from the sheet. "Who knows, maybe this won't be so bad if I tell Marinette what happened,"
      "Problem is that she'll know your identity as well Chat Noir," Plagg reminds Adrien, causing him to sigh in defeat once again. "And if you weren't full of guilt before, telling her is basically digging your own grave at this point,"
"I can't just keep it a secret that I know who the love of my life is Plagg!" Adrien says to him, trying to keep his anger at bay.
"I'm not even the one you're mad at," Plagg casually says as he searches around his room for some cheese.
"Sorry Plagg," Adrien calmly says to him while pressing his head against his pillow, his voice slightly muffled once he speaks again. "It's just that I don't know what to do. Marinette has always been a great friend, but the fact that she is the girl I fell in love with is so...... shocking,"
He sighs once more, flustered about everything going on and angry at himself for what he just did, even if it was a mistake. As for Plagg, he seems too hypnotized and stuck in a trance for some sweet stinky cheese to consume. Adrien wants to lie there for hours, trapping himself in his own sorrow, but his father set him up for a photo shoot that very same day, so he doesn't have much time to do so.
"Maybe she won't be that upset if I explain it to her," Adrien talks to himself, realizing Plagg is too busy looking for cheese. "I'll just talk to her in private at school tomorrow,"
A part of him feels relieved to have made his decision, and he gets out of his bed. His feet thoroughly plant themselves on the ground while he brushes off a little dust on his shirt. Within seconds, Plagg is already flying towards his bed and hiding beneath the covers, ready to sleep. He also carries a piece of cheese in his hands.
     "Go ahead to your photo shoot Adrien," Plagg says to him, him voice nearly muffled by the sheets. "I'll be here and cheese and sleeping away,"
    "Okay Plagg," Adrien playfully says to him. "Just don't get into any trouble while I'm gone,"
    The rest of the day went by normally for him. Photo shoots, an occasional fan excited to see him, and his father being too busy to talk to him.
When he gets to bed, he was so exhausted that he almost forgot about Plagg and layed down on him by accident. Within seconds, he instantly gets up, while Plagg complains and attempts to guilt him into getting more cheese. He only falls asleep though, practically collapsing on the bed.
Morning comes and the bright sun showers his face and into his eyes, telling him to get up for school. Adrien tries to block it out at first, wanting a few more minutes of sleep, but the sun kept digging into his eyes no matter how much he turns. It isn't until he finally wakes that he sees Plagg guiding the sunlight directly on his face using a mirror.
"Really Plagg?" Adrien calls out to him.
"This is nothing. Why don't you try getting smashed by a boulder!" Plagg calls out to him, causing Adrien to sigh out.
He heads off to get a fresh pair of cloths. Although the prank was funny to Plagg at first, he instantly gets bored due to the fact that Adrien is no longer trying to sleep, so he tosses the mirror on his bed.
"So, have you figured out what you're going to tell Ladybug, or should I say, Marinette?" Plagg says to Adrien.
"I have no idea Plagg," Adrien responds, internally hating himself for finding out her identity. "Why did I have to fall down that building!?"
"I just realized something Adrien," Plagg snickers a little in between words. "You've been saying the love of your life is only a friend! You must be so mortified right now!"
     "Plagg, she was disguised as a superhero!" Adriens calls out to him, trying to defend himself. "And that's not what I should be focusing on right now,"
     "She looked exactly like Ladybug and you couldn't see through her costume," Plagg says to him while laughing. "A few times I wanted to tell you, but at the same time, Master Fu told me not to tell you and I also enjoyed seeing your reactions around Marinette,"
     "Nobody knew her identity, or I think no one does," Adrien tells Plagg, eyeing his alarm clock. "Nice pep talk by the way. We got to get to school,"
      Plagg goes inside of his pocket, hiding a few chuckles while Adrien leaves his room. He heads down the stairs, but pauses for a moment to take a peak towards his father's room. And like every other day, he wasn't there, so he continues down the steps.
      He heads out and goes inside of the limo that his bodyguard, that he likes to call friend in his head, drives. It doesn't take long for him to get to school, and with every minute that passes, he grows more and more scarred over the outcome.
     Once they get there, he already sees Marinette heading inside of the school with Alya and Nino. He instanly goes over to greet them with a calm smile on his face.
"Hey Nina, Alya, and Marinette," Adrien happily says to them as he runs towards them.
"Hey dude," Nino responds. "We tried to find you and Marinette yesterday but didn't have any luck. You did miss an awesome battle between Vine Snarler and Ladybug and Chat Noir," Nino says to Adrien. "Where were you guys?"
Both Marinette and Adrien freeze once that question is heard, although Marinette is confused to why Adrien is nervouse.
"Oh. My bodyguard instantly picked me up the second trouble was near," Adrien instantly says while rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry if I scarred you guys,"
"No problem Adrien," Alya reassures him. "But as for Marinette, I may as well have torn apart this entire city and still have no luck finding her!"
"Well, about that...." Marinette begins, her words thumbling around as she attempts to come up with a lie.
    "I saw her heading off away from the scene," Adrien lies, trying to help out Marinette. "I didn't where she went, I'm pretty certain she was safe,"
    Ayla sighs in relief, as well as Marinette. She glances over to Adrien, who gives her a small smile, causing her cheeks to rapidly turn red, so she quickly turns away. 
    "Thank goodness nothing happened to you Mari," Ayla chimes while placing her hand on Marinette's shoulder.
    "I wouldn't mind talking with you guys all day, but we got to get to class," Nino worryingly says to the group while glancing towards the school entrance, and Nino and Ayla quickly head up fhd stairs.
    "Yeah, I can't get anymore tardies from the teacher," Marinette says while her voice is full of dread. "One more and I'm facing detention to make up for the loss time,"
"Really?!" Adrien shockingly yells out, completely surprised, yet realizes that it all makes sense. "You must have a lot on your plate then,"
    "Ohh," Marinette begins as her words slightly stumble. "Yeah, such as fashion designing and homework. All kinds of stuff. You wouldn't want to know about them,"
      A small grin grows on Adrien's face while Marinette stumbles away. Plagg worringly glances from his bag and tugs on his shirt, causing Adrien to glance down at him for a quick moment.
    "I don't like sounding like tighty mac spots in her bag but you have to tell her," Plagg sighs out to Adrien, wondering how he degraded to nagging.
   Adrien freezes for a moment, realizing he had to make a choice. A part of him did want to tell her, yet fear holds back those exact words. Fear over her reaction. Despite Plagg's wishes, Adrien remains silent.
    "Oh, it's just the two of us," Marinette says to Adrien, realizing that Ayla and Nino are already up the stairs. "Leaving only me..... with you..... just you..."
   Her cheeks instantly flush red as her eyes grow wide. Adrien quickly notices this and tries to start a normal conversation to keep her from leaving so soon.
    "I heard you're into fashion, because you said it moments ago and have an entire display of fashion pictures on your wall," Adrien begins while rubbing the back of his neck. "Maybe you could show me some of them. I bet they look really great,"
   "Oh, thanks," Marinette responds still a bit flustered. "They'll definetely look better on you. I even carry around a few sketches with me just in case someone would want to see them,"
   She reaches down into her bag and peaks into it, looking for her small sketchbook. Tikki quickly hands her the bag with a smile on her face while Marinette mouths the words thank you to her.
   "Here it is," Marinette gladdly says to Adrien as she hands it to him.
   His fingers caress the cover, feeling the soft texture. He opens it and flips through the pages while his jaw drops, astonished over her work.
  "These sketches are amazing Marinette!" Adrien happily says to her. "Maybe you can show me some more after school at my house, if my father thinks it's okay,"
    "Really!?" Marinette squeals out, hardly containing her excitement. "The one with the feather is my favorite so far. It's the one where I won the contest. Although Rose and Juleka's hat was amazing too,"
  (In my opinion as the author of this fanfiction, Rose and Juleka had the best hat)
    "Don't stand there like lovebirds!" Ayla calls out to them. "We have to get to class before Chloe comes up with some outrageous lie of our whereabouts!"
    "See you at my house," Adrien happily says to Marinette before heading into the building, and she watches him, slightly drooling.
     "Why didn't you tell her?" Plagg whispers to Adrien, still ashamed of himself for nagging.
    "Maybe I should get to know her first before telling her," Adrien tells Plagg while looking back towards her, although he didn't notice her fangirling over him.
    "You can't keep this a secret forever," Plagg warns Adrien.
    "I think I can keep it a little longer," Adrien thinks to himself. "I can't believe I get to hang out with Ladybug!"