06.

₍˄·͈༝·͈˄₎

[NAME]

[name] steps into the shelter, clutching an empty cat carrier in her hands. she bounces on her toes, excited to know that by the time she steps out she'll be holding a new cat in her arms.

she considers calling miya, but then decide not to. would it make him feel bad? she wasn't sure.

"[name]! dear! come on in" 

she raise my gaze to see mr jeffrey smiling down at her. with his beard and round zeke yaeger looking glasses, he looked as friendly as ever. to be honest, mr jeffrey was the only man [name] wasn't terrified off. gotta love society these days 😍.

"hi, mr jeff!" she says, following him to the back of the shelter where the cats were. she'd been here so many times that she could walk around while sleeping. she came whenever she could, helping mr jeffrey with the animals. 

"how are you?" mr jeff asks, opening the door for [name] as she enters the playroom. she loved it  - a room full of cute cats was basically the dream.

she kneels down to scratch an orange cat behind their ears. "good, what about you?"

"i'm fine, as always!" mr jeff booms with a hearty laugh. "any ideas on what breed, colour or age you'd like?"

"no, you know i'm indecisive" she replies with a half smile.

"take a look around, then! and take your time, too" mr jeffrey says. "i'll have to leave you for some paperwork, but i trust you. come to my office once you've chosen!"

"will do, thank you!" 

mr jeff leaves the room, leaving the girl alone with her cat buddies. she strolls around the room, staring at each cat individually. they all stare at her in return. why are their looks always so judgemental-?

finally, a cat catches [name]'s eye. she walks over to it and peers down at it. it meows and rolls onto its back, raising a paw at me. [name] smile and pets its soft belly. 

"sorry, my other friends. i'll visit soon" she says to the other cats apologetically. "but i think your friend here is the one"