16.

₍˄·͈༝·͈˄₎ 

[MIYA]

"miya?" 

miya runs a hand through his unruly curls. "hey"

[name] sits down beside him. "what are you doing here?" she asks him, confusion laced in between her words.

"well.. you mentioned that you came here sometimes to visit the cats, so i thought i'd drop by sometime to play with them" he answers, still stroking the black and white cat on his lap.

[name] grins. "yay ! i've been in need of a friend here" she laughs, a sound that miya wished he could record just so he could listen to it on repeat. 

ever since he had fallen asleep on [name]'s lap, he couldn't get her out of her mind. suddenly, her whole presence seemed different to him. he saw her in a completely different light, but his feelings were mushed, and he couldn't decipher what he truly thought about her. it frustrated him. 

he could tell [name] felt the same way, though she hid it better. they were both lingering on their feelings for each other, confused on what their past actions really meant for them.

"miyaa?" miya fell back into reality.

"yes? sorry, i zoned out"

"whats on your mind?" she questions, her eyes searching his for answers. he had a feeling she knew what he had been thinking about.

"i- i just. you know, thinking about before" he says honestly, letting out a small sigh.

she nods understandingly. "i've been the same." she pauses, thinking. "we should talk about it, clear the confusion"

"for sure" he agrees. "so how do we start?"

"well, i don't know. maybe we should talk about how we're feeling about the whole situation?"

"alright" miya searches his mind for words to describe what he wanted to say. "i think- i think friends may be the wrong word for us" he felt himself flush, unable to believe what he just said.

[name]'s cheeks were rosy too, her gaze turned down. she was quiet, and miya expected the worse. 

all of a sudden, he felt her hand on his. he froze. his mind was going crazy. he turned his hand around, his palm on hers. she intertwined their fingers. her hand was warm, soft, and holding his.

 he tries to process this, but he couldn't. [name] didn't move away. finally, she spoke, taking a deep breath before.

"i feel the same" she murmurs. miya's heart lifts. [name] continues "but i feel like we should let our relationship grow first. we barely know each other, so i think we should get to know each other better, as friends, before we decide what we want to do. like whether we want to be more than friends, or not"

miya considers her words. she was right. "makes sense" he starts. "so for now, we're just going to be friends? no more intimacy?"

"of course not" [name] smiles, blushing slightly. "i still want to do all those things that make me get butterflies. i love the feeling"

miya squeezes her hand. "it can be just platonic" he couldn't deny that he agreed with her, getting butterflies from her was something he wanted to experience over and over again, a never ending swarm of butterflies.

she nods. "platonic. yes"

miya bursts out laughing. "oh my god, i feel so mature after this"

[name] lets go of his hand to play with a tabby cat that was purring for her attention, joining him in his laughter. "i feel like i aged 20 years just for that conversation" she says, gasping for breath. 

mr jeffrey chooses this second to slide in the room, grinning at the two. "whats so funny, my favorite couple?"

"mr jeffrey, did you hear everything?" [name] demands, raising her eyebrows expectantly at the man.

mr jeffrey smiles guiltily. "maybe"

"mr jeffrey !" [name] grumbles, crossing her arms. "that was a private conversation"

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry" 

"fine, but don't eavesdrop next time !" [name] says, standing up and brushing off the spare strands of fur on her legs. 

"got it!" mr jeffrey says before leaving the room, his laugh echoing the hallways.

[name] turns to miya. "im heading out, i need to grab something for my mom, and i'm already behind schedule" she says. miya stands up as well, grabbing his bag from the corner.

"same, i have skating in half an hour"

"show me your skills sometime" [name] said, reaching in for a hug. she buried her head in the crook of his head, holding out the hug for as long as she could. miya bathed in the fluttering in his stomach.

[name] finally stepped away, smiling at miya, her cheeks pink. she went on her tippy toes and placed a quick kiss on the top of his head, in the center of his soft curls. he reddened in a millisecond.

 "[name]-" he begins, awkwardness lacing his words. he couldn't deny the fact that he enjoyed it, but he had never had someone like her in his life before. it was all so new to him.

[name] just gives him a smile, which practically melted his heart. "bye, miya <3" she says to him as she walked out the door, closing it behind her.

he sits down again, trying to process everything that just happened all over again. he knew today would be on his mind for days, maybe even weeks to come. he would never get over it, and he loved that.