14.

₍˄·͈༝·͈˄₎

[NAME]

[name] pedals to the mall, her legs pumping quickly as she gained speed. she wanted to arrive as soon as possible. but she also wanted to enjoy the fresh air she was getting as she flew down the street. cherry blossom petals littered the floor, and the pale scent of the flower rested in the air.

she focuses on peddling, her mind clouded with thoughts. she wonders if miya would come. she hoped he would, she would feel dumb just standing there waiting for her friend who didn't even plan on coming. she shrugs to herself and continued down the road, going faster and faster until her goal appeared in front of her.

[name] stops her bike and parks it, sliding off and running towards the entrance. she was 4 minutes late. the young girl peers at the large glass door, hoping to see her friend. a giddy smile lights up her face as she discovered him standing against a wall with his phone in hand. a burst of excitement jolts through her and she prances over to him.

"hi" she says, her voice bubbly.

miya looks up with a small smile. "hi" 

"c'mon. do you want icecream?" chirps [name]. "my treat" she adds, grabbing miya's hand and pulling him into the large mall before he could respond. "there !" she exclaims, pointing to a pink shop to their right. she lets go of miya's hand and bounced to the store, occasionally turning back to see if her friend was still there.

"welcome!" a worker says nicely as [name] and miya enter the store. "what would you like today?" she asks the two in a gentle voice.  "perhaps an icecream sundae that you two can share-?"

at her words, miya reddens. [name] laughs lightly. "we're not a couple, we're just friends" she informs the worker. 

the worker laughs along and shrugs. "alright then. your orders?"

[name]'s eyes runs over the large menu that hung on the wall. "i'll have (flavour) please!" she says. 

the worker nods and turns to miya. "and you?" 

miya stays quiet, and [name] tugs at his sleeve. "he's shy"

miya pinches the girl as she grins. "i'll have mint, please" he tells the worker, who nods.

"coming right up!" says the worker as she hurries to prepare their icecreams. in a few seconds, miya and [name] both had a cone in hand. 

"let's go somewhere empty where we can eat our icecreams" [name] whispers to miya. her friend nods briefly. [name] pays and the pair runs out of the store like they had planned, breathless as they stop in an empty corner. 

[name] leans against a marble wall and gives her icecream a big lick. "mm" she sighs with pleasure. "this is really good"

miya takes a tiny bite of his icecream. "i agree" 

[name] slides down the wall, plopping down on the cold floor with a cross of her legs. "kinda hard to believe this friendship was created out of a phonecall meant for someone else"

"yeah" says miya, resting his arm on [name]'s head. "your the perfect height to be my arm rest" he adds, his lips curling up to form a smirk.

[name] rolls her eyes playfully and reaches up to bat at miya's arm. "shut up, kitty"

miya raises an eyebrow, the corner of his lips twitching into a smile. "so we're on nickname basis now?

[name] looks up at miya and gives him a perky wink. "yup, whether you like it or not" she sang, running a hand through her hair. they finish their icecreams in silence, each one's mind occupied with their own thoughts too complicated to write out.

miya brings out his phone once again, opening his spotify silently and putting in one airpod. he sits down beside her, turns and offers her the other one. "music?" 

[name] smiles as she puts on miya's airpod. "you better have good music taste" she threatens, leaning over to look at miya's screen.

"boys will be bugs" she says. "i love that song"

miya gives her a quick smile. "same"

"play it then" [name] urges. miya lets out a soft yawn and obeys, the melody of the song washing over the two. "tired?" asks [name], gazing at her friend fondly. 

"mhm.." says miya, trailing off to yawn once again. he drops his head onto [name]'s shoulder. 

"sure, sleep on me" [name] chirps with a little laugh. miya's unruly hair sways against her cheek as she gently rests her head on his. he wasn't the only one who was tired. her fingers itched to touch his fluffy hair, but she contained herself.

just as [name]'s eyes were about to flutter shut, she realized, a corner in the mall probably wasn't the best place for her and miya to take a nap. she gives miya a poke. "asleep?" she whispers. 

"no" he responded after a few seconds. 

"don't sleep here, come to my house - i have a very comfortable couch" [name] tells him as he stands up and stretches. she does the same.

"can i?" queries miya. a light coat of pink dusts his cheeks at the thought that he had just slept on [name]'s shoulder.

"yup" nods [name]. "besides, do you have anywhere better to go?"

"well - if you put it that way..." miya considers her offer. "sure"

[name] claps her hands together, her cheerful aura causing miya to crack a smile as well. "lets go !"