18.

miya bounded into [name]'s house, immediately being greeted by his favorite furry felines, and of course, his favorite person, [name] herself

miya collected mimi in his arms as he followed [name] into her kitchen. she perched on top of the table, one leg on the other as she smiled down at him. he made himself comfortable on one of chairs. "so, who did you want me to meet?"

[name] grinned. "right! he's in the backyard right now with his boyfriend"

miya raised an eyebrow. "boyfriend?"

"yup"

"is he a skater too?"

she nodded.

he smiled. "reminds me of a couple i know"

[name] hopped down from the table and grabbed miya's hand. his cheeks grew hot, butterflies in his stomach from even the slightest touch from her. she lead him down the hallway and out of the house, bringing him to her backyard.

"hello!" [name] sang as she rounded the corner, pulling miya along.

there, relaxing on a couch, were two men; one, pink haired, and the other, green haired. miya gasped.

they turned around to face the two teens. both of their eyes grew wide.

"miya??" demanded the pinkette.

[name] looked confusingly between the three. "is there something i'm missing here-?"

"cherry? joe?" miya finally forced out, gaping at the two men/his parents.

"uncle kaoru?" asked [name].

cherry looked to [name], raising an elegant eyebrow. "you didn't tell me your boyfriend was miya chinen" he said, raising his pink fan to fan himself.

[name] flushed. "miya-chan isn't my boyfriend"

joe's arm slithered around cherry's shoulder. "we see a couple when we see one"

"oh shut up, joe" miya scoffed, his arms crossed.

"thats no way to talk to your dad, miya" joe replied warmly, chuckling quietly to cherry.

[name] smiled at their interaction. "i'm happy you guys already know each other. makes everything so much less awkward" she remarked.

she took miya's hand in her own again, this time taking a seat beside her uncle. miya watched as cherry's gaze slid down to their joined hands, giving joe the barest nudge. they shared a look, laughed silently.

miya reddened.

"so" quipped [name], leaning back into the cushion. she turned her attention to cherry "you were telling me about this new rookie at 'S' - larry? lanny? and his friend. does miya know them too?" at this, she looked to miya.

"you mean reki and langa?" he queried.

"so that's their names" she said, nodding.

"they're.. my.." miya trailed off. he sighed. "...friends"

"not slimes anymore?" asked cherry, smiling.

"i'm sending this to reki" said joe.

"what?" miya fumed. "don't you dare"

"don't you just love miya when he's mad?" bubbled [name]. miya shot her a softened glare.

"do you see the way he looks at her" whispered joe to cherry, making his voice intentionally loud so the two could overhear.

"they're almost as cute as us" cherry hummed back.

"will you stop teasing us?" grumbled [name].

"no"

"i hate you guys" miya huffed. "so much"

"we know you both secretly like it" joe piped in. he glanced at cherry. they rose at the same time. "well, me and kaoru are going inside. why don't you two stay here for a bit? enjoy some fresh air?"

"it's good for you" cherry added as they both pranced away, leaving miya and [name] staring after them.

"miya" [name] said out of the blue, breaking the silence. she cocked her head to stare at him, her gaze soft.

"yes?"

"do you really think we should just be friends?"

miya froze, a strand of hair dangling infront of his eyes. [name] reached out and tucked it behind his ear as she stared at him.

"i'm-" said miya, playing with his fingers. "i don't know. i'm not good with these things"

"okay" [name] replied. then, without warning, she put her arms around him and pulled him in, enveloping him in a hug.

he was tense but flushed, his whole face reddened at this point. [name] didn't seem to care as she held him in her arms, stroking his hair.

"i like you, miya" she told him. "i like you a lot"

miya softened at her touch. "me too"

she smiled at him, eyes content.

miya felt a small smile at the corners of his lips as he stayed quiet, almost melting into the girl in front of him.

they stayed there for a while, basking in the bliss of it all. they felt a shift in their relationship, and neither was complaining.

and somewhere behind them, two men watched the pair in delight, both struggling to stay quiet as they silently laughed at the lovesick teens in front of them.

<3

a/n: SHOULD I END IT HERE?? IDK AKDJS BUT LIKE IDRK WHAT ELSE TO WRITE YK
ILL MAKE A EPILOGUE THOUGH DONT WORRY