|2|

Five years has passed. Five years of his death. Everybody is healed. The trio and Nezuko is living a good life.

They did get called a few times by the Demon Slayer Corps due to demons but it has decreased a lot. The hashiras is also living a good and normal life.

Iguro and Mitsuri is married.

Kyojuro is spending time with his family.

Sanemi is single and his brother is living with him as they are trying to mend their bond and become close again.

Muichiro is becoming friendlier and more open.

Gyomei has sadly passed away a few days after their fight with Muzan.

Uzui is still living with his three wives. (Although Shinobu suspects that one of them is pregnant).

Shinobu is still working at the Butterfly Estate as the manager/owner. The girls help her too.

They all have moved on with their lives.

All of the hashiras is called by the new leader of The Demon Slayer Corps, Kiriya Ubuyashiki. He is currently thirteen years old and is respected by the demon slayers.

"Thank you for coming here in such short notice. I hope I didn't bother anything important that you were doing" Kiriya started after they arrived. "It was no problem, master. Nothing could be more important than you" Shinobu said. The others agreed to her words.

"Thank you, Shinobu. I called you all here because I have received a very interesting letter, Kuina" Kuina, Kiriya-sama's younger sister that is on his right step out with a letter in her hands.

"Good morning, Kiriya-sama. I know this is sudden but I do hope to request a short meeting. There is something I want to tell you and I must talk to you in person. You might not agree but it is completely understandable. I do hope this letter reaches you. Sincerely, anonymous" Kuina finishes reading the letter and step back.

"As you can see, somebody wants to meet me. I already know who it is as it is written on the letter but the sender doesn't want you to know who it is. I hope you understand" Kiriya said.

"We understand, Kiriya-sama" they said in unison. "I already met this anonymous person who sent me this letter last week. Please do not worry, if this person had wanted to hurt me then I wouldn't be here right now" Kiriya explained after seing their worried faces.

"I am truly relief that you are safe, Kiriya-sama" Kyojuro said in a relaxed voice. "Kiriya-sama, I think we all are curious as to whom this anonymous person is. Do we get to see them? BUT OF COURSE IF-if that is alright with you, Master" Mitsuri exclaimed and immediately bowed out of embarassment as she accidentally spoke too loud.

Kiriya chuckled. "Well, I was planning on letting you all meet him in the first place. But there is something that he requested if you are ever going to meet him" Kiriya said and there were mischief in his eyes but they weren't allowed to ask about it.

'So it's a guy' they all thought. "What is the request, Master?" Sanemi spoke.

"Well, this person is living in a village. It's not that far away so you could arrive there in a day or two. He requested that you all will be going to that village and spend some time there. He will be in disguise so that you won't know him" Kiriya smiled after finishing his sentence.

"What would spending the time there mean, Kiriya-sama?" Iguro asks. "He wants you to try and look for him. You can also use this time to relax and make it like a vacation" Kiriya answered. "I already talk to him about the arrangements and stuff. Would you agree to go on this 'mission'?"
Kiriya said.

"Yes, Master" they all said. "Ah, one more thing before I forget" the hashiras look at Kiriya. "You can bring Tanjiro amd his friends. He would like to see them too" Kiriya said with a smile.

They nod their head and soon enough, the meeting has ended. "We should start packing now. We are leaving tomorrow right?" Iguro asked. "I think we should. Uzui doesn't need to pack anything since hneeds to take care of his pregnant wife" Shinobu said.

"Yeah, I wish that I could follow you all in this journey but my flamboyant wife needs me. So goodbye. Have a safe trip" they all bid their goodbyes and separated to go to their respected houses.

Unknown to them, a shadow is evident on a nearby tree that was listening to their conversation ever since the meeting started. 'We will meet again, my butterfly'. The shadow dissappeared from the tree.

The trip will start tomorrow evening so everybody was busy packing their bags.

The journey started and this is the people that followed and is in this trip:

Shinobu
Mitsuri
Iguro
Sanemi
Tanjiro
Zenitsu
Inosuke
Kanao
Nezuko

Note: Kyojuro couldn't come because he wants to spend time with his family and they are going to have some family bonding time.

Muichiro didn't want to come. He said that he wanted to meditate and spend some time with Genya.

It took quite a while to get to the village since it was hot outside and Zenitsu was complaining about the weather.

Inosuke started screaming because Tanjiro said something about plants and he wanted to prove to Tanjiro that he also know things about plants.

Sanemi shouted as well.

Tanjiro and Shinobu trying to stop the both of them before a fight starts.

After a few minutes, the situation calmed down.

"WE'RE HERE" Mitsuri exclaimed and they all look at the village with softened eyes. The vilage wasn't very crowded and it looks like it could fit over two hundred people.

Everybody is in peace. The kids were playing with each other, the adults having drinks, some were buying groceries, other supplies at stores.

They had decided to walk around the village and they are suprised at the village's condition.

The houses were all made out of wood, the shops are made out of wood too but there were a little bit of stones her and there. The villagers are also very nice and polite.

They meet a lady that offered her place for them to stay at. They didn't knew why the lady was being nice to them but she said that their saviour told stories about his friends and she believes that they were the person he had been telling about.

Something they find odd about the village is that they seem to have a saviour that they respect and they are nice to whoever is nice to him but they are still nice to strangers in general.

They heard a couple of short stories about his deed and appearance but they couldn't help but think about one person that fitted all of the description that the villagers tell them. Giyu Tomioka. But he's dead right?

____________________________________

Author's note:

I don't really know what to say but if you have read this far into the book then thank you. Really. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading chapter 2 of His Smile and are excited for chapter 3.

(The next chapter has a bit more information😉)