|3|

The group follows Akira Tomochigai, the lady that they had helped a few hours ago. They are going on a tour around the village lead by her.

"So, Tomochigai-san-" Shinobu started but Akira cut her sentence. "Call me Akira. It makes me feel old by saying my last name" Akira said shyly.

"Well Akira-san, you have been saying about your saviour a lot and I was just wondering who it is" Everybody nod their head as a sign to let Akira know that they, too, were curious.

"Ah, I'm glad you ask!" Akira exclaimed with stars in her eyes. "You see, our saviour which goes by the name Mizu Akuma. Also known as Water Demon" Akira explained.

"So this saviour of yours is a demon?! How are you still alive!? It would've eaten all of you" Sanemi questioned.

"Sanemi, you should keep your voice down" Shinobu said sternly. Sanemi didn't spoke a word. "Continue on, Akira-san" Akira nod and continued her story.

"I should probably tell you the story that has been going around this town to make it easier to understand. It was a long time ago...

A family of five lives in the highest part of the mountain in peace. They were very gentle and cares for everything and everyone. When they found out that demons exist, they didn't felt fear or dangered by the thought of a demon eating them.

They felt sympathy towards the demons. They believe that demons are just eating the humans because that is what they eat. It wasn't their fault that they would have to eat humans since that is their food to survive.

As it said, they didn't hate anybody but one. Muzan Kibutsuji. That man is the only individual that would make the family's blood boil in hatred because they have seen the man torturing the other demons just because they didn't follow his orders.

The family didn't like that so one of the parents decided to ask the Demon King himself why he enjoys torturing people and demons. It didn't end well. The mother was the family member that had asked him since her husband was ill at that time.

"Muzan Kibutsuji. I will ask you one question and I want to know the truth" the woman dressed in a simple green kimono asked.

"Who are you to ask me questions human" Muzan said harshly. The woman didn't flinch at the harsh tone. Instead, she continued.

"I want to know why you enjoy torturing your own kind. I understand that they didn't follow you're orders but that still doesn't give you the right to kill them" the woman said with a determined face.

"I have no reason to tell you the reason. Kill her" Muzan ordered his subordinates who was at his side the entire conversation.

And that is how the mother died.

After hearing the news of his wife's death, he mourned every night and cried until there were no more tears to let out. The kids never left their father's side after hearing the news too.

Their father's health had gotten worse and he was bedridden.

The oldest, a thirteen year old girl, goes down to sell some wood that she had chopped in the morning to sell them at the nearby town which was only a ten minute walk.

The second, a twelve year old boy, was assigned to take care of the house and their sick father. He cooks, clean the house, sometimes try to teach the youngest to do some chores too.

The third and youngest, a nine year old girl, tried to keep her father entertained. She would always take care of him even though she would ask her big brother to help her sometimes.