Chapter 6: The Only Hope for Me is You

Time had passed on Route Guano. Poison had a pounding feeling in his head. His eyes fluttered open to the empty desert. The sand danced across the pavement and it whistled loudly. He began to sat up but a sharp pain shot through his side. He winced as he rubbed his  head. Where was he? How did he get here? Where is everyone? Suddenly it hit Party Poison. 
Kobra Kid
Jet Star
Fun Ghoul

Party quickly  turned around and saw Fun Ghoul kneeling over Jet Star, talking quietly and pressing an old t shirt on a fresh wound. Party looked at the two very confused. He heard Kobra moan and he saw Kid roll over on his side gripping his chest as he winced in pain. 
"Kid" said Poison horsely. He cleared his throat as he crawled over to his brothers side. His world stopped in this moment. He felt his lungs tense up as blood ran down Kobra Kid's chest. 
"Kobra.." Poison couldn't finish his sentence. "you.. you're.." 
Kid coughed "Poison.. I-I'm sorry" he said quietly. Poison felt the tears forming in his eyes.  "Poison, okay? I'm sorry I didn't listen.." He tried to sit up but  Poison wouldn't let him. He had him lay on his back as Poison sat near h is head, wiping off the blood and sweat and shielding him from blinding sunset. Poison saw his kid brother; he looked rough. Sand was getting caught in his tired eyes, his mouth was dry. He looked at the wound in Kobra's chest. His began to feel woozy from the excessive blood. 
"You're gonna be okay" said Poison as he brushed the stray blonde hairs out of Kobra's face. "You're gonna be okay and we're gonna go back to the diner.. you can rest up then we can fight back. We can stop them-" Poison was choked up. Tears streamed down his face. 
"No.. Stop Poison" Kobra said louder to speak over his babbling  brother. Poison stopped. "You're gonna go get the girl. Protect her.. please. I love you and you know that." at this point Kobra was crying. "You're the greatest big brother anyone can ask for" 
"You're coming with me" Poison had to pause and catch his breath. "you're all the family I have left."  
"You need to keep running Party Poison.. run for me, for mom and dad, for all those you love. Just keep running.. keep shining.. mean something" Kobra was staring straight into Party Poison's eyes. His vision was fading. "Thank you Gerard" said Kobra. Gerard. That was such a lost name. Kobra breathed his last as Poison hugged his brother tightly. He wept. He never thought it would end with him holding his little brother in his arms.
Fun Ghoul was standing next to Jet Star. His gaze upon the ground, where his friend wasn't breathing anymore. Fun Ghoul wiped a tear from his cheek and shook his head.
"I'm sorry Jet" he said as he collected himself. "I'm sorry I couldn't do anything" He kicked the sand up and shouted in frustration. He pushed his long greasy bangs out of his face and he saw Poison was awake now. He rushed to the brothers. 
"Poison" started Ghoul "He's gone.. Jet was shot in the stomach.. he bled out..I- I couldn't do anything he just..". Fun Ghoul stopped. Kobra was gone as well. Poison sobbed as he grasped onto his brothers corpse. Ghoul sat next to Poison, in shock. They were gone. Jet Star and Kobra Kid were gone..