Chapter 13: The Kids From Yesterday

Chapter 13: The Kids from Yesterday

Time grew shorter as Party Poison and the girl walked along the white hallways of Better Living Industries.
"It's this way!" shouted the little girl as they turned the corner to reveal yet another long white hallway. Party Poison trusted her, as she had obviously been around this place longer than he'd ever be. The hallway was blank, except for the white elevator on the left wall.
"Come on- we're almost there!" she said as she began her way down the hallway. At a quick pace, the two made it past the elevator. Just as soon as they were to reach the end of the hall, the elevator made a ding and the sliding door opened to reveal a worn out, demented looking Korse proceed out of the elevator with an army of dracs behind him. He held up and prepared his gun and turned out of the elevator to see Party Poison. Quickly, Korse aimed and pulled the trigger. Party Poison turned as a ray beam shot past his head. Instantly the dracs and Party Poison had a full on war. One against One Thousand Poison scanned the room and shot. Damn he had good aim. But the little girl never turned. She was so close but now the evil men are all still fighting to get her back. She covered her ears and waited for it all to be over so she could just go home. Party Poison backed up against the wall and shot anyone who got near the girl. 

"Don't you fucking touch her!" he yelled. He pursed his lips as he advanced a near by drac aiming for the girl. Poison ran to the drac and easily grabbed those singed black hairs on the top of the mask. He pulled it off but to his surprise and horror, there was a human being inside. Poison stared at the mask the back at the human being lying on the floor. They were all innocent. Every single one of these dracs didn't know what they were put up to. The world grew so silent. All he could hear was the hail of ray beams being shot through the air. His heart beat faster and faster. What has he been doing? What has he done?

Sworn to Protect. Born to kill.
Born to Kill.
To Kill.
Kill.
Party Poison had been killing all the innocence. Something he found worth fighting for was standing in front of him all along... as his enemy.
Trying to regain his focus, Party Poison aimlessly shot. His whole body was going numb. He felt like he was going to get sick. He felt his whole world crashing in front of him. Korse noticed this too. He smirked and began to advance towards Party Poison. The little girl panicked,her eyes grew wide as she saw Party Poison stumble over his own feet as he hopelessly shot. He made eye contact with her, tears forming in her face. She uncovered her ears, but before she could say something Party Poison spoke. 

"Run.." he said. The girls heart sunk but she couldn't look away. Korse grabbed Party Poison by the shoulders and smashed him against the wall. They were so close, face to face. Party Poison knew that his time as a killjoy was to end. not much was said. Korse just stared into Poison eyes, which seemed to be screaming with all of the emotions he had ever felt and lost. Korse pressed a ray gun right to Poison's chin. Party Poison wasn't scared of Korse anymore. He wasn't scared of Better Living Industries. Poison just knew that evil had taken over innocence, therefore the need to end his life. He felt as if he wasn't even worthy to be known as a hero. Heroes don't kill the civilians. But heroes do fight and heroes do fall. That morning and in that moment Poison accepted his fate. Korse smiled
and tilted his head at an odd angle.
"Party Poison! NO!" shouted the girl 

Poison closed his eyes as soon as Korse pulled the trigger. As soon as this,a blood curling scream was made. The little girl turned the other way, closing her eyes and covering her ears. She screamed and cried and tears rolled down her face. Party Poison slowly slid down the wall as the Exterminator just watched. His entire life had been waiting for the moment. Korse turned around with a proud smile and looked to the tiny girl shrieking in the center of the room. The girl shook as Poison's word shot through her mind. Run.. Run.. RUN! She looked up and saw the doors to the outside just a few feet away from her. Once again, she did as she was told. She ran. Korse commanded dracs to go after her.
"Go!" he shouted "We can't loose her" he hissed. But the girl was too fast. She ran out to the streets of Battery City. By now, the sun was beginning to rise. She heard a car coming in the distance. A blue and yellow painted van came and stopped right in front of her. She looked back and saw it all. The plenty of dracs coming after her. She then heard ray guns behind her. So, she turned around and saw a group of colorful rebels inside of the van. She then saw a man in a wheel chair sitting near the van door.
"Get in, darling" he extended his arms and grabbed her to place her in the van with the rest of the rebels. The girl squirmed in Dr. D's arms.
"No! No! Poison!" she sobbed "Poison!" she cried loudly and curled up.
After firing a few more rounds of ray beams. They closed the van door with a hard slam and the rebels made their escape route out of Battery City. The dracs ran after the van, shooting at it. But they knew the van and the little girl was now gone.

From the top floor from a large window, stood the tall woman. Her eyes narrowed as she watched the prized possession of the little girl drive away into the zones. It was disappointing that they couldn't keep her, but maybe their worries were out of the way. After all, The Fabulous 4 Killjoys were all exterminated thanks to Korse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The little girl didn't say much in the van. No one really said anything at all. The last killjoy was exterminated and now the spark that had started the entire rebellion flame was extinguished. Some wept. Some remained silent. But Dr. Death Defying continued to comfort those in need.
"When we get back I'll broadcast this to the zones.. those out there need to know what has happened today" The girl looked to Dr. D. She remembered those times in the desert when she'd listen to the radio and dream of meeting a war hero such as Death Defying. Never did she think these would be the circumstances of their paths crossing.
"Honey, I'm gonna want you to stay with me for awhile. I have food, shelter and a spare sleeping bag all ready for you back at the radio station." The little girl said nothing to Dr. Death Defying. She refused to speak at all.

She couldn't help but feel this was all her fault. No one would've had to die. It wasn't fair. The men who had raised her. The men who looked out for her. The men who were like big brothers to her-they just seemed to be another cold dead body in the cold dead ground.
I'm Sorry she'd say to herself I'm sorry...

The car ride was a long and hard one, but after at least an hour and a half the group of rebels arrived at Dr Death Defying's radio station.
"I think it's here we part our ways" spoke Death Defying to the rebels. "We know that the fab four will never be forgotten. Live on through the zones with them in your hearts. If you do so, you'll find the passion to keep living and fighting. After all, we did accomplish bringing a good friend of ours home" Dr Death Defying nodded to the girl who was still silent against the wall of the van.
The rebels all agreed and began to jump out of the van and go their separate ways. Now stood Cherri Cola and Death Defying in the desert. The day had finally began, but no sunshine had risen on this dreaded morning. Only clouds.
"D what are we gonna do?" Cola sighed as he kicked the sand. "I should have gone, damn it, I should have gone!" he felt tears forming in his eyes.
"Cola it's okay- we just need to-" Dr Death looked up and he saw her running. The girl was leaving them behind. It didn't take long for Cola to notice her.
"Stop!" he yelled after her "Wait!" the girl kept running. Dr Death placed his hand on Cola's shoulder and shook his head.
"It's okay, Cherri Cola.. Let her go..."

Keep Running she said to herself over and over. This time she didn't dare to look back. After today, that was the last time she would ever look back.