Chapter 8: Party Poison

Everyone! The car has a full tank. So we're packing the explosives in a suitcase! Life is short and there are many dangers on the roads we travel.

So let's dance!

        Why did he feel this good? Well the real question was: why the fuck not? The sun was high, temperatures were rising, and Party Poison made his way among  the zones. He had left Fun Ghoul at the diner to sleep. Poison knew two things: 1. Fun Ghoul needed sleep. 2. If Fun Ghoul knew where Poison was going, Ghoul would literally snap his neck in half. Poison knew he shouldn't be doing this alone- it just felt right. His main objective: to find the girl and avenge his brother against the exterminator. Only him could fix things. Poison saw it as the right thing to do. He didn't take the TransAM. He left it with Ghoul. Poison saw it like if he didn't come back from this mission, he didn't want to take the TransAM too and leave Ghoul with no transportation. The thought of dying seemed so puny to him. Something like that seemed so real, something he can't avoid. Something he's going to face. Weather it'd be today or years after the rule of BL/Ind or today.  He didn't have a fear. Actually Poison's mind was running wild, wishing he could have some sense of self-control over his actions.
         He kept walking, mask pressed against his sweaty face and raygun in hand. He scowled at the bright day. He missed Kobra Kid. He sort of wished Kid was walking with him. But he knew things weren't that simple. A few days had passed since the incident and all Poison was thinking about was his brothers deaths. But he knew there was still a purpose on earth. The girl. She needed the killjoys help. When the fabulous four rescued her from BL/Ind themselves- they vowed to always protect her. Now that she was in the clutches of Korse and his evil army, Poison knew he had to get her back  home and safe. 
        He saw movement in the distance. Two white cars driving down Route Guano. Perfect he thought as he smirked under his mask. Grasping the ray gun tighter now he bolted to the ground, strategically placing a long strips of spikes. He found these in an abandoned garage a few weeks a go on a morning patrol with Jet Star He figured they'd come in handy some day. Lucky today was that day. They were small, so he figured the two BL/Ind cars wouldn't notice as they were driving along. It was genius. The cars were approaching as he finished laying the strip across the road. the cars humming began to grow louder as it inched closer to where Poison was. Poison didn't want to be around when this mess went down so he ran off of the road and crouched down in a small ditch, far away enough to not be hit by any car parts but close enough to see the show. He grinned as the cars sped into his sight and finally ran over the spikes
POP! One car spun out of control and went flying off of Guano 
POP! The other shortly followed, ramming itself into the side of the other car. It was an accident disaster and Poison couldn't help but feel proud of himself.
        A scarecrow stepped put of one of the vehicles and shouted at all the other ones to "get up" and screamed at them and asked "What the hell happened? Scarecrows and dracs all emerged from the destroyed vehicles and observed damages and their surroundings. One called another scarecrow over and they found the spikes.
"Someone's watching us!" one of the dracs exclaimed.
"Shut up" snapped back another scarecrow. He reached for his back pocket and pulled out a radio, something Poison had never seen before. Must have been some sort of technology Battery City had.
"Calling in from Route Guano , just outside of Zone 1. We've had an accident" He said to the radio. It looked different but Poison guessed it worked like the fab four's transmitters. " We've had an unknown civilian attack. We'll need transportation back into the city and possibly some backup." The was silence for a few moments then a voice come over their radio.
"Roger that, scarecrow" it was a female, almost robotic voice. "We are sending a troop of scarecrows your away along with transportation home" Poison's heart sort of sank. He needed to get rid of these people before anymore show up. So he acted quickly.
"Now who could have done something like this?" asked one of the scarecrows.
Poison stood up, it was his time to shine. "Are you alright? that looks like quite a messy accident". At this instant every single drac and scarecrow reached for their ray gun but Party Poison was ready and too quick for the rest of them. He began to knock them down, one by one, watching  them fall like balloons popping at a crappy party. It was a shoot out and Poison stood alone, yet he overpowered all of them. He felt powerful, he felt like he could do anything. One scarecrow was left, running away down Route Gunao. Poison shot at its leg and he fell down. Poison ran to catch up with that scarecrow and kneeled down. Harshly, he turned the scarecrow on his back and grabbed his suit by the collar.
"Where is she?" he hissed angrily. 
"When they get here you're screwed." said the scarecrow weakly. "You're going to be just as ghosted as your kid brother.." Poison held his breath and his eyes grew intense.
"What-?" Poison began to say.
 "what was his name?" continued the scarecrow. 
"Shut up!" shouted Poison at the scarecrow, getting frustrated with this stranger.
"Kobra? Wasn't it?" continued the scarecrow once more. It was silent as Party Poison gritted his teeth and held back wrath. "You're done for.." the scarecrow said as he coughed and winced in pain.
"Where is she!" Poison said it again but this time, shaking the scarecrow. No response. There was silence, then the humming of a car in the distance sounded bringing Poison back to reality. He looked in the direction of the sound and looked back to scarecrow he was talking to. He was still and Poison assumed he had passed out from the major pain where he had shot him. THe sounds grew closer. Shit He couldn't be around here when the back up showed up or he'd be in shit for sure.  Poison let go of the scarecrow, letting him hit his head on the ground hard, and the killjoy ran away. The car was getting closer and closer as he ran.
Shit.. Shit! What have you done Poison? he thought to himself 
                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The sun shone through the cracks of the boarded up windows of the diner. A hungover Fun Ghoul laid passed out on the ground, near the couch. The sun shone right on his face, just below his eyes. It was a rough night before, he just decided to get shitfaced drunk. No partying nor celebration, just downed a lot of bottles of beer that Jet Star had picked up from the market a few weeks ago. Poison didn't drink and Ghoul respected that,so he usually drank after poison fell asleep.  Too many drinks that Ghoul was going to regret today.
zzzzzkrzzzzkrzzzz
He was awoken by the bad signals made by the radio, Dr Death Defying howling for what seemed to be random nonsense. Fun Ghoul groaned and looked up, now the sun shining right in his eye. He hissed and looked away sheilding his eyes. He then turned to the loud radio. 
krzzzzt "Dr Death Defying signing on-" kkkkrkrrzzt krzt "This just in outside of zone 1-" zzt zt zzzzt "-been a massive accident-"krrrt 
"-Scarecrows are everywhere searching for-" zzzzz "-Stay safe and-" kkkkzzttttt "-Look alive out there-" zzt "-Dr D signing off." then it went to permanent fuzz ringing louder and louder in FunGhoul's ear. Ghoul stumbled to the stereo and turned it off. 
He rubbed his eyes, adjusting to the gloomy afternoon he was to face.
"Poison?" said Ghoul "Poison come on, duty calls". Ghoul was greeted by an unusual silence. It was strange. Maybe Poison had fallen asleep in the backroom again and couldn't hear a thing. Ghoul slipped on his pants and put on his vest. While slipping on his gloves and other acessories he walked to the back room. 
"Poison wake up, it's-" Ghoul stopped as he swung the door open. Poison wasn't there. "Poison!" shouted Ghoul as he panickly called for his best friend. Shit, where was he? Then it clicked, shocking Fun Ghoul so much that he could hardly move. What ever Dr D was yelling about is a situtation Poison has gotten himself into. Ghoul didn't hesitate as he grabbed everything to go. He grabbed the TransAM keys off of the near by counter and slammed the screen door. He hopped in the car and headed towards Zone 1 in a rush. 
Shit.. Shit! What have you done Poison? he thought to himself.