Chapter 14

I was woken up by birds chirping next to my hotel window. I look outside to see the sun beginning to rise. I then look at the clock on the wall to see it say 7 AM, the usual time I get up. Today is my first day. I hope it goes smoothly.

       I lazily roll out of bed like I usually do and start my morning routine. I take a shower, brush my teeth, and then put on my gear. I wont be wearing it for very long but it doesn't matter. After I gather all my things I leave and start making my way to the Hokage's office.

       The village was already busy and It wasn't even 8 yet. Im definitely gonna have to get used to the mornings being loud. After a few minutes I make it to the building, but before I could walk in I noticed the Hokage rushing towards the door.

(Y/n): "Lord Hokage? I was just coming to see you."

Hokage: "Sorry, *Pant* I was running a bit late this morning." *Pant*

       We then both walked to his office. When we got inside, I saw Shikamaru standing by the desk with a look of disappointment.

Shikamaru: "Come on Naruto. You've been doing this for what, almost 4 years now?"

Hokage: "Yeah Yeah I know. Sorry."

Shikamaru: "Anyway, (Y/n), we have your uniform. The Raikage let us know that you prefer to were a hood with your uniform while out on missions, so we had it custom made with a one. Now all that we need is your color preference. Dark blue or black?"

(Y/n): "Black is fine."

Shikamaru: "Alright. Here you go."

       He then handed me a full black uniform with a matching black leaf headband along with a pair of black sandals. On top of the uniform was a dark green vest, same as the one Mirai wore yesterday.

Hokage: "There is a bathroom down the hall. Get changed."

       I nodded and headed to the bathroom. I quickly changed and stood in front of the mirror. It was definitely different than the white half vest Im used too, but I think I look good. I like the all black with the dark green, especially with the hood and mask.

       I then walk back to the office. When I entered, there was someone new. It was a man that looked like he was around 40 years old. He had long brown hair styled in a spiky ponytail, same as Shikamaru. He also had a horizontal scar going across the bridge if his nose. He wore a long blue dress coat and black pants.

Hokage: "Looking good! We can keep your Cloud uniform here safe if you would like."

(Y/n): "That would be great. Who's this?"

Man: "My name Iruka. I am the principal at the academy. I'll be taking you there to meet your new students."

(Y/n): "Nice to meet you Principal Iruka. My name is (Y/n)."

Hokage: "Alright from this point forward, you will be the captain of Team 8. After you get done meeting your students you will have your first assignment."

(Y/n): "Really? A mission on the first day?"

Hokage: "Well its not really a mission. Ive asked one of the other teams to assist in some joint training. By doing this, your students get some training and you can ask the other team captain any questions that you may have."

(Y/n): "What team will we be training with?"

Skikamaru: "You will be training with Team 15. You will meet them at the Hyuga mansion. With that being said, you two should get going. Im sure the students are waiting.