Chapter 23

When I turned around, I expected Hanabi, but it wasn't.

(Y/n): "Hello Mr. Hiashi. My name is-..."

Hiashi: "I know you are, and I have a feeling I know why your here."

I did not plan for this. Me and Hiashi have never talked to one another but Ive seen him around the mansion the multiple times I was here. He always has a stern look on his face which in turn causes people to believe him to be unfriendly. Hanabi told me that he was exactly that during war times, but now he is way more laid back. Well a according to her at least. I'm not gonna lie though, standing right in front of him, he is a very intimidating man.

(Y/n): "You do?"

Hiashi: "You want to set up another joint training session here at the mansion correct?"

(Y/n): "Uh, well you see-..."

Hiashi: "Come on in. Hanabi isn't here right now but I can help you arrange time and date."

(Y/n): "Im actually not-..."

He already started walking inside. I step in, take of my sandals, and follow him. He leads me to a dining room area with a large chabudai. I prefer normal tables that use chairs but Im not about to complain to him. Especially since I don't k know how he will react when I tell him how I feel about Hanabi.

He slowly sat down as I did the sane across from him. A few seconds later, a woman in a black and white kimono brings us both a cup of tea. I thank her and she leaves us.

Hiashi: "So, what day will the training session be this time?"

(Y/n): "Like I was trying to say at the door, thats not actually what Im here for."

Hiashi: "Ah, apologies. Well then, what can I do for you?"

(Y/n): "I was actually looking for Hanabi. Her students said that she would be here but I guess they were mistaken. Do you know where she is?"

Hiashi: "I see, she was here about 20 minutes ago. She said that she was going out for a walk outside the village. You should be able to find here there."

I finished my tea and was about to thank him and leave, until he stopped me.

Hiashi: "I hope you don't mind me asking, but why are you looking for my daughter?"

(Y/n): "Oh uh...well you see...I was just..."

Damn it. I sit back down.

(Y/n): *Sigh* "Lord Hiashi, with your blessing I would like to ask your daughter Hanabi out on a date tonight."

Hiashi: "..."

(Y/n): "..."

He stares at me for a minute and then does the strangest thing...he smiles.

Hiashi: "Well done."

(Y/n): "...Huh?"

Hiashi: "I give you my blessing."

(Y/n): "Wait, what? Just like that?"

Hiashi: "You are not the first one to be interested in my daughter. Those who have come before you have been too scared to ask me for my blessing due to the way I present myself. But you didn't show any fear. I need someone who can protect my daughter, not a coward."

(Y/n): "With all do respect sir, I don't think Hanabi needs anyone's protection. Ive seen what she can do and it still sends chills down my spine when thinking about it. But in all seriousness sir, I wouldn't be protecting her, I would fight along side her, watching her back just like how she watches mine. We both will fight, together.