one

" Aw man , glitched again ! " I sigh in frustration. I took off my headphones and hung it around my neck. I stared at the screen as it stuck in place. I shook my mouse on the mouse pad aggressively but my cursor didn't move.

ding ding

My eyes moved from the pc screen to my phone as it turns on and displayed ' 1 new text message ' brightly. I unlocked my phone and opened the message.

rae 🥰

hey what happened to you ?
you disconnected.

yeah , sorry about that !
my computer is
bugging out as usual ://

aww well are you coming
back to discord ?

i don't think so :(
maybe next time ?

oh of course !
well , you know
i have an among us
game tomorrow night
and we're lack of one person.
Would you want to join ?

oh i don't know.
As you know i'm awkward
with new people...

oh come on !! it'll be
fun and i promise
they're a nice bunch !

aren't they streamers though like you ?

yes they are and they're
really friendly. You don't
have to stream or show
your face.
Cmon , what do you say ?

I guess i'm down.

oh yay ! i promise you
won't regret it.
8 pm tomorrow.
See you there Y/N !

see you <3

-
Y/N

I turned off my phone and look back at my pc screen. I took off my headphones from around my neck and turned my pc off. As i wait for the screen to go pitch black , i leaned back into my chair.

Rae - known as Valkyrae was an online friend i made not long ago. We met through a mutual friends discord server and played Rust together. I didn't know she was a streamer , and a popular one at that , until recently. I watch her stream from time to time on youtube , mostly her among us gameplays. She would always notice me in her comments. We became really good friends and i enjoyed every minute playing games with her , she's such a joy to be around.

Watching her stream and watching her have such a great bond with her viewers makes me want to stream too sometimes but i know i could never. I'm too shy to do that. Although , her chat does get toxic. I feel bad for her all the time. She's a really good hearted person and i wished her comments would reflect her as a person too.

I got up from the chair and headed to bed , plopping down on it. Yes , i do live alone. 25 year old female living alone in California. Moved here after i graduated from University. I live in a pretty good apartment complex and i own a black cat so i guess you could say i'm not totally alone. Hiro keeps me company.

I look to the side , reading the time on the alarm clock.

03 : 36 AM

I gave out a yawn and pulled the bed covers over myself. I could feel Hiro crawling under the covers and snuggling near my stomach. I started to drift off to sleep slowly.

" Good night , Hiro. "

=

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I groan and roll over to the other side of the bed. I grab the pillow from under my head and pressed it above my face. I glance through the pillow crack and saw the time flash 10:45 AM in big bold red numbers on the alarm clock. I pulled myself out of bed with my messy hair in my face. I slowly made my way to the bathroom with Hiro trailing behind me.

" i hate mornings. " i groaned , annoyed.

I took and shower and got ready for work. Tying my hair up in a neat bun with a black hoodie on and a pair of black leggings. I gathered my belongings and put it into my sling purse. I checked the time on my phone and at the same time i received a message from my manager.

Jordan

Hey Y/N , are you
coming into work today ?

yes i am.
i'm on my way out the door.

Okay cool , don't be late ,
we have a full house today.

Alright , see you soon.

_

I put on my shoes and proceeded to exit my apartment. I made my way to the bus stop outside my apartment complex. I listened to some music while i waited.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned towards them. I took out my left airpod and looked at them.

" Yes ? " I asked politely.

" Sorry to bother you miss , but do you have 90 cents by any chance ? " The teenager asks. I nodded and smiled. I reached into my bag and pulled out my coin pouch and gave him the amount he asked for.

" Thank you so much. " He thanked me and got on the bus. Well , what a sweet boy. My bus arrived and i got on it.

" It's gonna be a long day. " I say quietly to myself as i gaze out the window , watching the trees dance with the wind.

=

A/N : So how do you think of the story so far ? I know it's really chill and nothing is happening yet but please look forward to the next chapter !! don't forget to vote too !

i would also like to put out a disclaimer :

There will be no smuts.
This book was written for fun , everything is fiction and is not supposed to be taken seriously.

Happy reading !