Just Met (Part 1)

BATTER'S P.O.V

         I entered this zone not to long ago, and now I am purifying the smoke mines. The Judge found me a Add-On, and I just got finished purifying a small barn in Zone 1. Wasn't hard at all, that's all I can say now. I left the area by the barns, returning back to the smoke mines, and I walked down the long cave halls, and I felt a presence near by. I thought it was a specture, but it was human. The boy looked at me when I entered the room of the mines. The boy laughed and said,"The characters are starting to pile up here, aren't they?" I looked at him in confusion as I said,"Pardon..?" "What I'm saying is that the average player doesn't need all these complicated and tedious dialogues", the male said,"There should be more action and fewer questions." Again, I gave this mysterious masked boy a confused look. "Who are you?", I asked, as I stepped forward a bit, so this boy won't blabber with me too long, as he says there should be more action. I want more action, too. The boy looked at me and said in a kind voice, "I'm Zacharie, the traditional items merchant that's necessary in every video game." The boy seemed more interesting, he knew it was only just a game, too. He's not like the normal people here in Zone 1, he is like... me, somehow. The male continued,"I'll always find myself in places you're going to visit before you arrive. But enough blether. I'm not one of those protagonists you need to listen to for hours.... so, lemme see the color of your credits." Since Zacharie said he was an items merchant, I walked closer to him and pulled out some credits from my pocket to get a couple of things. He showed me what he had with him, and I bought some Moloch's meat, Nicolas Tunic, Aura of Justice, and a Harold bat, since the one I used before was about to snap after all those spectures I had to purify in the caves of the smoke mines. I thanked Zacharie and he kindly said,"Welcome!" as I waved to him goodbye and walked off.

                That boy..... his voice....... soothing. I like it.

         I kept thinking of that merchant. He was so very kind, and cheerful. In an odd place like this, he just seems so happy. I thought to myself,'I wish I was happy like him, but I need to stay positive in these zones. Be serious and purify.'  I acually think I have a chance of seeing Zacharie again, since I needed a couple of things from him....... I need to get to know this kid.