Chapter 22

Previously on Chapter 21

He pulls away from the kiss, only to place another soft kiss on my forehead. He picks me up and lay me down on the bed. He tucks himself in. Then he pulls me close. "You should get some sleep... it'll help calm your nerve. We have a big battle coming..." he said. I just nod my head. I snuggle closer to his chest and close my eyes. I feel a gentle kiss on the side of my head. Then I slowly drift off to sleep.

-Break Down-

Y/N P.O.V

Just like yesterday. After training with the Cullens. I head to the Quileute territory to train my phasing ability.

"Come on, Y/N... you can do it!" Seth said. I take a deep breath as I close my eyes. I try to focus. But like before... nothing happens.

I let out a frustrated growl when I fail to phase yet again. Tears starts to build up in my eyes. I choke a sob as I drop down to my knees, then I sit on the ground. I hug my knees close to my chest as I start to cry softly.

The time is running thin... the newborn army will be arriving soon. But I'm not getting anywhere with phasing. Sam is right... I can't just count on anger to help me phase. I need to master it, so I can phase at will.

But dammit! It's so damn hard! It's like something is holding me back. Like... something wanted me to ONLY be a vampire and not a shifter. I just can't pinpoint what it was.

I feel my body got pulled into an embrace. I can tell it's Seth by his scent. I just lean my head against his chest as I cry softly. He just stay silent as he caress my hair softly, trying to calm me down.

You know how it feels... when you tried SO hard to achieve something... but it just won't work? Along with the fact that you want it to success... because you need it to protect someone important to you? It's frustrating... VERY frustrating.

I feel a hand on my head. I turn my head slightly to look at Sam as he kneels down in front of me. "I-I'm sorry... I-I know h-how much everyone i-is counting on me... b-but I can't j-just get it r-right" I cried out. The stress and pressure finally gets to me.

"Seth... Jacob... take her home..." he said. "B-But..." I start. "Just go home... you need to rest. You'll do well in the battle even without phasing. You're already a strong vampire..." he said. "But I'm suppose to be stronger as a wolf... I NEED that power in order to keep Bella safe..." I said, in a much steadier voice.

"Y/N..." I hear someone calls out. I turn my head to see my sister. "Bella..." I cried out as I stand up and run to her. She wraps her arms around me, pulling me closer.

"I'm sorry..." I cried. "It's okay, sis... you tried your best... that's all that matters, Y/N..." she said. "I want to be stronger. No... I HAVE to be stronger... so I can keep you safe. I'm so useless..." I said, I can feel myself about to cry again. She pulls away and gently cup my cheeks. She wipe the tears gently and place a soft kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes.

"Don't think like that... all of us can see how hard you are trying to get it right... don't beat yourself for it..." she said. "Bella..." I said. She pulls me close and caress my hair. "It's okay..." she said. I just close my eyes and let myself relax in her embrace. She's the most supportive sister I could ever ask for. I can't ask for a better sister... because no one can beat her.

Time-skip

I'm laying in my bed. I stare at the ceiling, deep in thought. Tomorrow will be the last day of training, but I still can't manage to control how to phase. Why am I so useless? The pack are all counting on me... because I'm suppose to be the strongest shifter. But I just can't get it right!

"Baby..." I hear someone calls out. I turn my head to the window. Seth is sitting on the tree branch. I grin at the sight of him. I stand up and walks towards the window. I open it and he lets himself inside. He pulls me into a hug.

"Are you feeling okay now?" He said. I just nod my head slowly. "Yeah... I'm just a little upset that I just can't seem to get it..." I said. "I was like that too. You don't have to beat yourself for it..." he said, cupping my cheeks. I let out a sigh as I lean my cheeks into his hands.

"I just... I want to be stronger... so I can keep Bella safe... she's my sister... and she means everything to me..." I said. "I know baby... I know... but you have to remember. You are not alone in this battle. Me... Edward... Jacob and the rest of Cullen and Quileute packs are in it too... you're not alone, baby" he said, leaning his forehead against mine. I close my eyes and nod my head.

"Do you understand?" He said. I nod my head as I smile softly at him. He smiles back at me. "Now that's the Y/N I know... always smiling and always have positive mind..." he said, pinching my nose slightly. I giggle softly as I pull his hand from my nose. He chuckles at me and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

"I love you, Seth..." I said. "I love you too, Y/N... you are everything to me..." He said, smiling brightly and leans down. I close my eyes. But I can't feel his lips on mine. So I open them to see he have stop when his lips is less than a centimeter away from mine.

"You're such a tease..." I said, pouting at him. He chuckles softly and finally attach his lips on mine. I smile into the kiss as I wrap my arms around his neck. He chuckles into the kiss and pulls me closer.

I love this guy so much... I can't imagine my life without him... I would be lost

*to be continued*

A/N: oh my God! Are you serious right now? I've reached 1,02k readers?? Thank you guys SO much! I hope you like this book so far. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For being SO supportive of me. I love you guys~