Chapter 16

Lisa isn't really aware of what happens next. It's as if she runs on autopilot. Her mind has seemingly detached itself from her body, and her muscles seemingly move of their own accord - knees bending, feet taking steps. She reaches out in front of her, places her palms flat against the huge double doors of the auditorium and pushes it open.

Lisa absolutely hates clichés but it seems like she's now irreparably and irrevocably one – a sapphic girl who'd been careless enough to allow herself to fall in love with her straight best friend, who now has to suffer through the reality of said best friend dating and falling in love with men.

And much as Lisa would refuse to let go of the reality that men are trash – because they are – this Jaehyun who likes Rosie and who Rosie seems to like back, is actually a decent enough guy, possibly even a really good man.

And so, with the weight of reality pressing down upon her and her poor heart not being able to make peace with everything just yet, Lisa's brain kind of just detaches.

Well, isn't her being too attached, the problem in the first place?

The sound of the outside world filters through the huge doors and fills up the auditorium before it's once again shut out. The sudden intrusion upon the quiet hum of people focused at their work catches everyone's attention, every person working there looking up in happy anticipation of food and a break. And just catching on the heels of sound as it traveled, the distinct smell of pizza followed, wafting all over the enclosed, air conditioned space.

The reaction of everyone working there was immediate - non-fragile things clanking to the floor, hums of approval, and pleased murmurs of "pizza" ringing through the auditorium.

Lisa just plods along, not even bothering to acknowledge the excitement at the arriving food while Jaehyun holds the boxes up over her head.
"Pizza!" Jaehyun announces in a voice comically low and cookie-monster rough, obviously in a very good mood. "Come and get yar pizza!" He takes quick long strides to the stage and takes three steps at the side in one bound, and sets down the boxes on top of a long table.

Everyone laughs and some people start getting up to open the boxes and grab a few slices, some go back to work opting to eat later.

Lisa just hobbles along beside him, eyes emotionless and just going through the motions. She grabs a slice of the pizza overloaded with toppings and plops down in front of the stage backdrop she was painting, chewing silently and staring at her unfinished work. Her mind is blank at that moment, other than the thought of "gotta get back to work, I guess". Her mouth keeps chewing until she finishes her slice and she sighs, stares some more, before picking up her brush again and half-heartedly dipping it in blue paint before putting the paint on top of the spot she was previously working on.
It was so obvious that there was something wrong with Lisa and Rosie could tell in the droopy shoulders and the bowed head the moment Lisa came in carrying the pizza boxes. She was about to go to Lisa once the dancer settled down with her pizza, unfortunately her phone started ringing with an incoming call from Jennie. Rosie sighs and only considers if she should answer the call first for a second, but ultimately decides to take it. She'd been waiting for the call the whole day on the costumes and it was Jennie who was overall in charge for that.
Rosie steps aside to take the call.

It wasn't only Rosie who noticed Lisa's bad mood. Jisoo picks up on it, too, despite how busy she is.

(Jisoo either really underestimated the work she had to do. She imagined herself to be playing Animal Crossing or Kart Rider or farming for her numerous RPG accounts instead of doing actual work, but alas.)

Jisoo has noticed the sudden plunge of Lisa's already sullen mood since she abruptly stood and announced she'd be going out. Lisa had been so restless for the last few days and she seemed to constantly be uncomfortable being stuck in the auditorium, so Jisoo thought it best to put her on an errand so she wasn't wandering aimlessly around campus and had something to do.