Chapter 3

The hourly bell rings just as Lisa's Business Math professor was right in the middle of a tirade on why - even if majority of their class were majoring in creative fields and the arts and this was only general education class - they shouldn't be lax and complacent because he would definitely not be as lenient or forgiving or generous the way they seem to be expecting that he would be.

"This class is NOT just another course you need to pass in order to get this degree. Business Math is impo-," KKKRRRRIIIIINGGGG!

The bell drowns out the rest of her professor's words.

And when it dies down and he still seems adamant to continue yapping, the sounds of students too eager to get the hell out make him look like a video on mute – chairs are pushed back across the floor, notebooks and books are shoved into bags, people pull out their phones to check messages, and mindless chatter fill the lecture hall.

Lisa stretches her arms over her head and arches her back.

She feels the knots in her lower back and she groans. These two hour gen ed lectures are the worst, she thinks. She decides she'd much rather watch Jisoo try to balance a water bottle on her head or listen to Jennie argue with people about how she's NOT short.

Lisa finishes putting her notebook and things inside her bag when the last person besides her walks out of the classroom. One of the many paradoxes about Lisa's personality was this: as a person born under an Aries sun, she didn't mind the attention of all the people in a room, but as someone with a Scorpio moon, she hated crowds.

Or at least, that's what that one girl who is into astrology was telling her.

Esther, was her name, she thinks? Esther Yu?

Well, regardless, she was that one girl who auditioned for the dance troupe, got in, and started buzzing around Lisa like a fruit fly - always only a few feet away during rehearsals, or team meetings, or sometimes even in the hallways.

Lisa was famous at the school and she had her fair share of admirers, but this one was different. The young girl was obsessed.

"I read your chart," Esther had plopped down beside her and told her one day. The dance crew was hanging out at a small patch of grass in the university's quadrangle.

"My what?" Lisa asked, confusion plain on her face.

"Your birth chart. It's the position of the planets when you were born and what zodiac signs fell under them. It's a comprehensive study on a person's traits and characteristics based on the stars." Esther batted her eyelashes.

Lisa still did not understand a single word.

"What?"

"Anyway," Esther bulldozed on, "to get a complete view of it, I need the time of your birth."

"My what?!" Lisa's pitch rose an octave, incredulous at what Esther was asking her. "How am I supposed to know?!"

"Well, if you find out from your mother or your birth certificate, let me know." Esther smiled at her, and tried to reach out to touch her shoulder.

But before Esther could do that, Rosie coughed loudly and interrupted them.

"Hey, Lalisa!" The blonde called out for her best friend.

Lisa instantly beamed a megawatt smile.

The dance troupe captain - as she usually is - was completely unaware of anything else non-Rosie. So, she totally missed the way Esther frowned and glared at her best friend.