Chapter 14

"Okay, so, you're telling me that you've somehow managed to combine the university's literature organization and the theatre arts organization?" Lisa asks Jisoo in both disbelief and amazement.

There is a glint in Jisoo's eye and a sparkle in her perfect white teeth when she smirks proudly.

"Yep. I sure did."

Lisa's jaw drops.

"Wow. That's quite the feat considering you're also a senior. Shouldn't you be too busy, I don't know, practicing how to be an adult to do anything?"

Jisoo pats her friend's head.

"Listen, my young padawan, there is absolutely nothing you cannot achieve through the right connections, proper delegation, and good supervision. I was already president of both organizations, anyway. All I did was manage to convince everyone, get them enthusiastic about it, and then sit back and let them do all the work while I played animal crossing."

Lisa snorts.

"Of course you did that."

The two of them were at Lisa and Rosie's favorite on-campus cafe, a few blocks away from their dorm. Lisa's morning classes had just ended and Jisoo called her up asking to meet and hang out. Lisa agreed, of course, not having much to do, anyways. Louis would just be sleeping in their room and she hadn't had to worry about him much after he's gotten used to their place.

Jisoo grins at her friend, readying her pitch.

"And that is why I am here bothering you today - I need your dance crew's help. We need extras who will play as soldiers and who can learn fight choreography easily. You guys would be perfect for it."

Lisa tilts her head then narrows her eyes.

"Of course. That explains why you got out of bed on your free day and went through the trouble of buying me chocolate milk and dessert. I had a feeling you needed something from me."

Jisoo shrugs.

"Well, what are friends for, anyways? Besides, I always come to support you for your dance competitions against other universities."

Lisa pouts and puts on her best puppy dog eyes impression.

"I thought you did that to genuinely support me, not as a means of racking up future favors."

Jisoo laughs and waves her off.

"Oh, come on, Lalisa, of course I was there to support you. Quit acting all cute - you know I'm allergic to that shit - and just say yes. We both know you can't say no to me, anyways."

Lisa grins.

"Okay, fine. What's the play gonna be about, anyway?"

Jisoo feels giddy at the question. The older girl starts pulling out a thick, heavy orange book from her backpack. She sets it on top of the table in between them with a thud.

"It's gonna be a Korean adaptation of this novel, The Priory Of The Orange Tree. It's a lesbian feminist retelling of this medieval story, but I'm changing a few things and setting it all in Korea and putting the lead princess and the lady-in-waiting who is secretly a warrior mage in hanboks."

Lisa's jaw drops again, trying to process all the information Jisoo just gave her.

"Wow. That's a lot."

Jisoo just smiles widely.

"It is but I'm really excited. It's gonna be the best play I'll ever write, produce, and direct in my whole career in this university. That's why I decided to go all out for it and got the help of the literature organization, the dance crew, and hopefully the student council, too. Of course, it's a nearly 900 pages long novel, so I will have to shave off some parts, but I'm sure it's all doable."