Chapter 24

The next few days were roughly the same as my first one here. I was kept locked up in the room, with maids delivering meals to me, but each day I felt stronger, and I was able to walk normally now - thankfully. I had 2 days until I was leaving for New York, so I had to find a way home briefly before then to get my passport, ID and bank cards/statements. I didn't care about my clothes and other possessions, I could buy all of that there, I just needed enough to start this new chapter. That thought of my new life has been the only thing keeping me going, without my ability to fight I have been bored out of my mind.

However, today Xavier came to see me. Since he left a few days ago he never came back, so when he strode into the room I was surprised. He was wearing a white shirt and dark grey slacks, the white shirt was half undone with the sleeves loosely rolled up. He looked messy, but god so sexy. Wait. What? God I need to get out.

Xavier strode to the walk-in wardrobe, without so much of even giving me a glance. Had he forgotten I was here? Maybe I wasn't meant to still be here? However he shortly came back out in just his boxers, before walking past me and going to the bathroom. Meaning that he left me there with the image of his glorious chest, legs, and bulge. This was a completely different side to him, silent yet deadly. He had left me sitting on the bed gawping like a bloody fish! No man has ever had this affect on me.

I heard the shower turn on, which meant that my mind drifted to what Xavier would look like in the shower, all wet, and glistening - Oh my God Rachel you need to stop! In a few days I'm out of here and I'll never see him again, I cannot go making connections now - especially sexual. I decided that as soon as Xavier was out of the shower I was going to ask him to take me home, I feel strong enough now, even though I know my ribs and internal organs are still fucked. I can stay out of the way of Will and Lynda for 48 hours, I might even spend most of that at the gym with Mr Scott. I've got this.

About 10 minutes later I finally heard the shower turn off, and I started preparing myself mentally for what I was going to say to him, about how thankful I was for his hospitality, but that I've got to go, etc, etc. However, when he opened the door with only a towel hung loosely around his hips, all cognitive thought left my mind. I opened my mouth to speak, but only total gibberish came out, "Xavier.. I-er-yeah, gotta-um, you know, thanks"

"You alright there? Cat got your tongue?" He chuckled, and a blush immediately swamped my face. To try and calm myself down I took a deep breath in and out, hoping it would bring me some level of composure.

"No, what I was trying to say was that I am thankful for your hospitality, but I really should get going now, I need to go home"

"You're not ready." Xavier stated as he then strode back to the walk-in wardrobe. "You're staying here for at least a week longer, your bones haven't recovered. If you're worried about school, don't be, I've informed the school and they're fine with you either talking a few weeks out or working from here." He reappeared in the doorway with some black joggers on now, "and your parents? Well I have tried knocking, multiple times actually, but no one has answered, but I will be sure to inform them when I see them-"

"-NO!" I interrupt, Will and Lynda can never know that I came here, they'll ruin Xavier's life. "Sorry, no don't tell them. They're very busy and stressed, they know I can look after myself, and I don't want to give them any extra problems" I say as convincingly as I can, even managing to add a smile onto the end .

Hesitantly, Xavier replied "Okay.. But you're still not leaving here"

"Xavier honestly I feel fine, my body heals quickly." To show him that I am actually capable of looking after myself I stand from the bed and walk around the room, ignoring the aching pains in my joints and the sharp pains in my sides, I know they'll go eventually.

"Angel, you have literally just come out of a coma, you need to be somewhere where medical professionals have access to you."

"Yeah, I know, and I'll be sure to go to a hospital as soon as something doesn't feel right, I'm always close by to a hospital" - doesn't mean the hospital needs to be close to here specifically.

"No, Rachel. End of discussion, you need more time to recover." Xavier started to walk towards the bedroom door, but just before he left he added, "seeing as you can walk, you can join me for dinner in the dining room tonight if you want, if you get lost there should be staff around to help you." And with that Xavier Knight left the bedroom, leaving me confused, disappointed, but also curious. What on earth was dinner going to be like tonight?