Chapter 5

Briiiiiinnnnnnnnngggg

Finally, the end of the day.

I rush to my locker to get my gym bag out. I am desperate to find a new gym and start training again, I've definitely got some stress to release. Suddenly, a loud bang sounds next to me, making me jump. I look to my right to be met with a chest, Xavier's.

"Did I scare you?" Oh God there is that sexy voice of his. NO. Stop.

"Wh-what? Um-no-of course not! Pfft!"

"Sure" He chuckled "Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted a lift back with me and Jack?"

"Oh, no, it's fine" I was going to the gym and I also didn't want to answer questions. However, I didn't miss the look of disappointment on his face when I said that.

"Oh, okay, see you tomorrow then yeah?"

"Um, yeah...okay sure." I replied.

"Bye Rachel" And with that he was gone.

Finally, the only place where I can let out all of this stress. Gym.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hit
Hit
Kick
Hit

Dad's gonna kill me if he finds out about Xavier and the others,  I think to myself as I hit the punching bag again. My hands had gone numb a few hours ago but I just couldn't stop, my body would not stop.

I stopped for a minute to have some water and to check the time, I saw that it was half 8. Shit I'm late. I quickly pulled of my white loose vest that left me in my black leggings and my white sports bra and stuffed my things in my gym bag.

"I'm leaving Mr Scott, thanks for letting me stay tonight!" I yelled, hoping that the owner would have heard me. When I arrived I had met Mr Scott, he knows all about the street fighting that happens around here and said that he would try to get me a few matches in a few days time, he also let me stay later as I think he could tell I needed to let of some steam. Luckily I had a match tomorrow night that my old gym owner had set up for me when he heard that I was moving. I really hope that this was the last I move, it's way too stressful moving and having to find a new school, new gym, new places to escape to and new people to trust. So many people I thought I could trust have broken that, so I am weary of Xavier, he does give of the bad boy image so I know he probably wants to get in my pants and then leave. That is not going to happen.

Pulling my hair into a messy bun I sprint out of the front doors and begin the jog home, I would say walk but I know my beating will be so much worse if I am any later. As soon as I open my front door I can smell the alcohol and smoke. Great, they are both drunk and high, that means they just wont stop.

"Bitch where were you?!?" I hear my dads lovely voice shout from behind me.

"Probably fucking men twice her age like the slut she is" Lynda slurs out. Ouch.

Dad chuckles and then says "Get your arse into the kitchen and cook us dinner, don't think you are getting any with how late you are. After you've done wait in the basement."

Oh. God.

"Y-yes" The basement?! This cannot be good.

I make my way into the kitchen and start making spaghetti. After I have done, I set it on the dinning room table with a bottle of bear for my dad and a bottle of white wine for Lynda. Yep a whole bottle, and I guarantee you that she will get through that whole thing and 3 bottles of beer tonight as well.

"It's done" I stutter out 

"About time" Lynda mutters.

I go to the basement and sit in a dark corner. Looking around all I see are a few cardboard boxes and a old, thin blanket. Please don't tell me that this is here because I am going to be staying here now, please.

After about an hour I hear loud footsteps getting closer and closer to the basement door. Here we go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're such a selfish brat! Why can't you do anything right!?! You're so ugly, I can't even stand to look at you! You're worthless! No one likes you! You will die alone as no one will be able to put up with your bloody stupidity!" He shouts at me while kicking my stomach. Suddenly I feel a yank at my hair and myself being pulled up. I find myself being met with the cold blue eyes that beat my everyday. He pulls his fist back and then all I see is darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xavier's POV 

"Dude, something is wrong I can feel it" I say to Derek on the phone.

"Mate I am sure she is fine, look you are seeing her tomorrow anyway. I am going to sleep, see you later."

"Yeah you're right, alright, thanks. See you tomorrow." And with that I hang up, although I am still not sure that everything is alright, I guess I will find out tomorrow.

=============================================================================