Chapter 9

(Quick A/N: The original Chapter 9 somehow got deleted, so I've tried to remember what roughly happens and re-write it, but it might not be perfect! So I apologise, hopefully the key storyline parts will be included! Okay, now on with Rachel's story.."

---------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in a heap of aching pain on the floor, the memories of last night rushing back to me. I look up to see the sun rising outside. Which means I need to drag myself off of the floor and get ready for school. I hop in the shower, washing the blood off of me. Simultaneously, the rush of cold water gives me an adrenaline rush, waking me up, which is definitely needed. I pick out an outfit of leggings and a hoodie, hoping that I can put my hood up to just hide in the background like always.

I leave the house without waking either Will or Lynda up, which has saved me from another beating - that was the last thing I needed this morning. I was already running late from covering up the marks from last night, as that took a lot longer than I had expected. I'm starting to learn when Xavier leaves for school, so I try to leave before him so that I then don't have to awkwardly run in to him. It has saved me many painful conversations of trying to tell him to leave me alone.

Once I reach school I head to my locker to sort my things out for the morning. I then head to my first class to start the long day ahead. Today is the same as any other day, I sit there, zoning in and out of concentration. I keep my hood up to ensure that no one can see my face. Although I have managed to cover what I can with makeup, I have cuts and lumps that are still quite clearly visible. Therefore, the less people that see my face the better.

My morning classes go past like a blur. Ever since I moved her I seem to constantly be lost in thought, either about my mum, New York, or what my life could be like now if my mum hadn't of gone out that night. Would I still be in America? Would I have met Xavier? Or would I have a little brother or sister? A girl can only dream I guess.

I make my way towards the cafeteria to grab my lunch, however I am stopped by Stephanie and her plastic minions again. "I thought I warned you to stay away from my man, bitch." She spits out at me.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused, I haven't been close to any man, and I haven't seen any man around her and her group for a long period of time, maybe a day max. But everyday she's attached to the arm of someone new - I can't even keep up with them.

"Xavier. He's mine so hands off, do I make myself clear?" She says as she walks closer towards me.

"Crystal. I don't want him" I say convincingly. It's true, if she can keep him away from me then its best for both parties, I need to distance myself from everyone. However, just as I finish speaking I see Faith marching towards us, with a look of fury on her face.

"I thought we told you to stay the fuck away, or did it not get through that thick skull of yours?" Faith sternly says, and I make a mental note to not fuck with her. Who knew a girl so chirpy and cheerful could be so angry. Just as Stephanie opened her mouth to reply, Faith launches herself at her. I take a step back to avoid the chaos. However, Xavier and his friends launch into actions and grab Faith before she can touch Stephanie. Everything happens so quickly, yet for a moment it felt like time had slowed, like gravity had paused for a second. 

I stand there, dumbfounded by what I had just witnessed. Stephanie glares at me, then flicks her long blonde extensions over her shoulder with a loud huff, then struts off, but not before blowing a kiss to Xavier. However, he barely noticed as the boys were still struggling to hold Faith back from ripping her head off by the looks of it.

I decide that I just need to get out of there as quickly as possible, especially as my appetite has now gone. Instead, I desperately just wanted to be by myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xavier's POV

I cannot wait to get out of this hell-hole. This morning dragged an unbelievable amount, however things started to look up when I walk into the cafeteria and see Rachel. Her hood is up but I still manage to see her bright blue eyes, they're mesmerising. Quickly, my attention is drawn away from Rachel as I see that she is talking to Stephanie. I stand there, confused as to what I am witnessing before my eyes. I am again brought out of my thoughts by Faith mumbling "that bitch" under her breath and then starts to walk - surprisingly quickly - towards them.

"I thought we told you to stay the fuck away, or did it not get through that thick skull of yours?" Oh God, Faith is pissed. Before I even have a chance to look at Archie's reaction, Faith start to launch herself towards Stephanie. Me and the boys all step into action to drag her away. God this girl is strong, I think to myself, it's a struggle for all of us boys to hold her back. However, she is one of my best fighters, so I would expect her to be powerful...