Chapter 10

So, instead of studying for a test or doing both my assignments I was writing this. And I'm not feeling guilty at all. Lol. I will be tomorrow. 

Warnings for the chapter:

> There's swearing in this chapter. It's not like no one's ever heard the words before but just a warning in case you find any of it offensive

> Also, it's unedited. So there WILL be mistakes. Tell me and I'll fix them.

Enjoy . . .

_______________________________________

When Rebecca woke up the next morning, the phone conversation was still plaguing her mind. She’d struggled to sleep throughout the night, the words a constant buzz no matter how much she’d tried to think about something that hadn’t revolved around her phone. Every time she just reverted back to the same thoughts she was trying to forget about.

In the aftermath, she wasn’t sure how she felt about yesterday emotionally. There was fear, yes, but it was overruled by something else. Anger. Rebecca was angry about the texts — about everything. She didn’t know why yesterday had set off all her emotions, but it had and she didn’t bother dwelling on the whys. She didn’t know why, after three years — no, her whole life — of abuse and torment, it was suddenly, truly, getting annoyed with it now. All her life she’d let herself be pushed around because of fear. Fear of the consequences and the repercussions.

She was done with that fear now.

 She wasn’t the child too naïve to realise what was right and wrong. It hadn’t stopped, no matter how much she’d aged. It was a never ending cycle. Somewhere, somehow, she had a sign on her saying ‘hate me.’ She must have considering that she’d never been liked by anyone.

Staring up at the ceiling in her room she vowed that she wouldn’t let fear rule her and she wouldn’t let anyone hurt her when she could stop it. She’d been letting Skye walk all over her for years because she’d been intimidated by the how rich Skye’s parents were. As much as she hated to admit it, money talked. Money was power in this day and age. Rebecca would stop caring about that though. She had a life she could live and she was going to stop people getting in the way of that.

First she had to forget about Mikael. That was her priority.

Rebecca knew that it wasn’t as easy as it sounded. Right now she knew it was going to happen but she’d yet to face him. She’d manage though because it was only going to help her. The texts weighed heavily on her mind but she decided she wouldn’t let herself get freaked out over them. They had probably been someone playing a joke on her anyway. Besides, even if it had been Mikael and he wasn’t who he said he was, Rebecca didn’t have to worry about the threats he’d made. So what if he hurt her? She’d been hurt all her life so it wasn’t anything new. If she did end up getting hurt, she’d deal with it and get over it like she’d done with everything else in her life.

The only thing Rebecca couldn’t get over was the last text he’d sent through. When she’d first looked at it she’d been terrified by it. Now? Now, she just wanted to laugh.

You’re not who you think you are.

 What didn’t that even mean? Who was she then? A farmer’s daughter? A fisherman? The daughter of a billionaire? Was her dad a homeless person? Was he George Clooney? Maybe she was secretly a vampire! She had to roll her eyes.

You’re not who you think you are — what a ridiculous thing to say. Of all the things to threaten her with, they’d chosen that.

“Rebecca,” her mother said, walking into her room — taking her thoughts away from the texts. “How are you?”