Chapter 7

I've been reading the story and I've noticed that grammar errors are everywhere. I'm sorry! Bear with me please. I edit but I miss a lot of mistakes.

Sorry if the mistakes put you off the story but nobody's perfect. Hope you still read!

It will all be edited when the book is finished!

Here's another chapter . . .

> Littlemissflawed

                                                        _______________________

When Rebecca woke up the next morning her head ache was gone. As she looked around the room she wanted to yell at her parents for being overprotective — not that she’d ever do it. Some time in the middle of the night they’d brought in a chair from the dining room into her room. No doubt they’d used it to sit on while they watched over her. Apparently they’d stayed there all night since they were both slumped against the chair, sleeping in what looked like a very uncomfortable position. How they’d managed to get to sleep like that that was astonishing to Rebecca. Neither of them had bothered to change, both still in their clothes from last night.

Suddenly aware that she needed to go to the bathroom, Rebecca shifted, the covers falling off her body. No wonder why I was so hot last night. She’d slept in her clothes from last night, her leggings covering her whole legs. They would have been fine to wear if only someone hadn’t put three blankets over her. At least I didn’t wear jeans yesterday. Better to be too hot than have a denim-burn on your legs.

On shaky legs she stood, walking towards the bathroom. It was amazing how no school could make her mood better. On a school day she’d already be dreading going, stressing herself out. This morning she didn’t have to stress about anything related to Skye or popularity — The-Person-She-Wasn’t-Going-To-Speak-Of included. Rebecca had considered calling him ‘He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named’ but that had already been used.

She managed to get to the bathroom door without incident, but the door just had to creak as it opened. How many times had that happened before? Zero times since it wasn’t even old. So why now? Because it could. It wasn’t as if Rebecca had anything to hide anyway, but still her parents deserved to sleep after staying up all night to watch her. Rebecca couldn’t even begin to comprehend how they’d fallen asleep there. She’d have woken up every minute if it was her.

Her parents jumped, toppling off the chair and onto the floor. They reacted quickly, jumping to their feet. They spoke at the same time, startling Rebecca.

“Rebecca, get back in bed! What are you doing? You’re supposed to be resting, not walking around.”

“Becca? Are you okay? You’re not dizzy are you? I’ll go and get you some medicine.” Her mum turned to leave the room.

Rebecca rolled her eyes, staring at the bathroom; if she didn’t get in there soon . . .

Her dad frowned. “Becca?”

She turned her attention to her dad. In the time she’d been staring her mum had left the room to get medicine that Rebecca didn’t need. “Yes?”

He gestured to the bed. “Go and sit down. I’ll help you if you need it.”

“Dad, I can’t. I need to go.” No way was Rebecca saying it.

“Why can’t you?”

“Because I need to go.”

“Go where?”

Rebecca rolled her eyes. For a lawyer her dad was bad at understanding hints. “I need to go.”