Baseball Fun

It was a typical Friday night and Mark, Lexie, Meredith, Derek, Callie, Arizona, Cristina, and Owen all decided to go down to the baseball field after a long day of work and just hang out.

Lexie was excited since she's only ever had a few experiences of doing sports but that was all the way back in middle school and plus, she didn't have her really attractive boyfriend cheering her on like she does tonight.

"Okay, your turn Lex!" Meredith shouts over and smiles as she hands the baseball bat to her little sister as Mark takes a small helmet and sets it securely on her head, "kick some butt, Grey" Mark Sloan said with a smirk as he backed up and grabbed a beer from the cooler.

Lexie smiled at him for a moment before looking across her and seeing Derek bent over with the glove in his hand as he waited. She took a deep breath as she waited for the machine to shoot out a ball then as soon as it came out, she swung the bat and it the ball across the field.

Lexie gasped loudly as everyone clapped, knowing Lexie was like a little girl when it came to stuff like this. "That's my girl!" Mark shouted from the side, causing Lexie to stop jumping up and down.

She smiled as she turned over to see her proud friends but most importantly, her proud boyfriend. She ran over as he opened his arms up then she happily jumped into them, "did you see that?? I didn't even think I'd be able to even SLIGHTLY hit it but I did!"

Mark chuckled as he listened to Lexie rant. He didn't mind though, he loved that she was happy and having a good time especially since just a few hours ago, she was crying in his arms and being stressed out. "Yes you did, Little Grey! I had no doubt at all" he smirked and kissed her softly. Gosh, he was falling for her and he was falling hard.

A few more rounds later, everyone had slowly left and that caused Mark and Lexie to be the last two. Lexie was currently packing everything up and organizing it all but Mark had other plans. He stopped her movements, causing her to raise an eyebrow.

"Hey..you okay?" She asked softly as she looked into his piercing blue eyes. "I've never been better. I just think its only fair that you learn how to run around the field" he smirked and got behind her, whispering in her ear. "When you hit the ball, you run to base..so just imagine its your turn. Lexie Grey, sexiest most beautiful girl around, hits the ball. What do you do?" He asked softly.

Just as he said that, Lexie gasped and moved out of his arms and took off running around the field, laughing like crazy but as she turned slightly, she noticed Mark was gone so she stopped.

"Mark???" She asked nervously and bit her lip. She didn't like to think he could leave her alone but she always overthought things. Just as she felt tears forming, she was lifted into the air, causing her to gasp. "Mark! You scared the hell out of me!" Lexie exclaimed loudly.

Mark laughed and set her down, spinning her around to face him but her laugh had quickly stopped when he noticed the tears. He pushed some hair out of her face and frowned as he wiped her teary eyes and wet cheeks. "Hey baby..don't cry, I'm sorry.." He said truthfully.

Lexie smiled a little then leaned over, hugging him tightly, "it's okay. I'm just glad you're here. I thought you left me alone" she said truthfully.

Mark was holding her close but raised an eyebrow and pulled her back some to look into her face, "now Little Grey, we both know I could never stay away from you and I'd never leave you out here alone in the dark or even just in General"

Lexie could see just how truthful Mark was being so she smiled and nodded, kissing him softly on the lips. "I love you and I believe you" she then gasped "o-oh my gosh! I didn't- it just slipped out!" She covered her mouth.

Mark stared at her, shocked for a moment. He loves her, he knew this since the moment she asked him to teach her in his hotel room. He just never knew someone as pure and beautiful as Lexie Grey could ever love him, Mark Sloan.

Mark didn't realize he was staring so Lexie bit her lip, "I made you uncomfortable, didn't I?? I didn't mean to-" before she could finish, she felt his finger on her lips.

"Lexie Grey, you made me so happy before and I'm so happy now. I love you" he leaned down and held her close as he kissed her deeply.

The rest of that night, Mark and Lexie went home and watched movies, had sex, and fell asleep in each other's arms knowing they'll love each other forever.