I Choose You

Lexie Grey
Lexie walked out of hers and Mark's apartment with tears streaming down her cheeks. She couldn't believe that Mark just threw their entire relationship away from some snobby selfish teen who he just met.

Lexie knew that it was really mature of Mark to step up and be a father and grandfather but he made every single decision for her and she just wasn't ready, she wasn't even ready to move in but she still did.

Lexie got to Meredith's house with the key she still had and was thankful that everyone seemed to be at the hospital. She slid down the wall and began to sob as she listened to the words sting through her head over and over. Fuck photographic memory.

"Don't make me choose between you and her" Mark said with a serious expression. Lexie looked up at him, the tears already forming in her brown doe eyes, "why..? Because you'd choose her?" Lexie asked sadly with her voice cracking. What she heard next broke her heart even more than she thought it could ever break. "Yeah..I'd choose her" Mark said. "Well then I guess this relationship just ended.." and with that, Lexie gave him one last kiss for memory then she was gone.

Lexie took a deep breath and wiped her eyes but more tears kept falling down. Her and Mark have known each other for longer and she'd understand if he talked with her about some stuff but he made every. Single. Decision for her and it was just too much for her to take in.

Lexie took a shaky breath and got up then went to the attic and grabbed some of her clothing that was still there then she went out to take a bath to try and clear her mind.

Mark Sloan
Mark watched as the love of his life walked out their- his door. They were only just starting but he knew he was in love with her, he hasn't felt this strongly for someone ever.

What was he supposed to do though? Isn't this what good dad's do? They choose their kids through everyone and everything. But then again, Lexie was in his life longer and has been there for him through everything.

He thought back to some of the memories they had and realized he was kind of wrong for not talking with Lexie through things. They were in a committed relationship and living together but he totally just brushed her aside.

When they were making out earlier in the morning, Sloan walked in and Mark didn't even bother to be gentle, he just swung Lexie to the side. Then with breakfast..Lexie kept trying and trying to get Marks attention but he just brushed it off.

Actually, the more he thought of it, he realized how badly Sloan has treated Lexie since she got her. She stole money, talked bad about Lexie, and so much more. Even when Lexie wasn't okay with it, she still tried to always make Mark form a relationship with his daughter.

Mark slammed his fist against the counter and groaned "what the hell did I just do??" He mumbled to himself as he squeezed his eyes shut.

As if she could read his thoughts, Sloan came out and raised an eyebrow "your hands are old enough, you don't wanna break them" she said and Mark sighed.

"I need to go.." he said quietly before he quickly ran out of the apartment and went down then drove to Meredith's.

Everyone
Lexie just got out the shower and put on some leggings and one of Mark's shirts that he left. They were broken up but it made her feel safest.

Lexie was in the middle of brushing through her wet curls when she heard a knock on the door so she sighed, "really Mer? You're lucky I'm here or you wouldve-" she stopped talking when she was met with the one man her mind was on since she left

Without saying anything, Mark just grabbed her by the face and pulled her close to his body, kissing her deeply and passionately.

Lexie gasped slightly but instead of pulling away, she wrapped her arms around his neck and after a few moments, Mark was the first to break the kiss.

"I choose you.." he whispered and Lexie just looked up at him "n-no..you have a daughter-" Mark was quick to cut her off "I want to be a good father but I realized that while I tried doing that, I was being a bad boyfriend..." Mark said sadly and stroked her cheek.

"Mark..I love you, okay? That's why I felt more broken than I should've when you chose her because you've known me longer and you barely knew her at all so it just..it hurt really bad.." a tear escaped her eyes.

"Oh baby, don't cry..I choose you, I'll always choose you..I love you more than anything. You're my world.." he whispered

With that, Lexie grabbed his hand and pulled him into the house, their lips instantly connecting and clothes leaving their bodies.