When Ocean meets Ocean

Marie outburst had surprised her brothers at best Marie never lost her temper especially in company. Marie sat slouched in the chair head hung everything ached. A thumping in her head was killing her. Her vision began to blur as the tears reappeared in her eyes.
'Why did you lie to me ' Her voice was broke at the end and that sound alone was enough to break the Queenstons brother heart.
'For your own safety Marie,we thought the less you knew the better we never thought they would go after you ' Bradely replied crouching in front of Marie grasping her hands in his.
'But they did'
'We know and we are so sorry we weren't there to help you '
Marie only nodded she didn't trust her voice.
After a few moments Marie stood up and made her way to the coat rack she sifted through the coats until she found Charlies as began pulling through the pockets until she pulled out a small brown paper bag. Marie smiled sadly at the bag before sitting back down next to Thomas.
Marie squinted her eyes as she examined the bags writting.
We're your glasses Mary ' Charlie asked peering over at his older sister.
'They were crushed I'm going to need some new ones'
Charlie hummed in response turning his attention back to the fire. Hours seemed to go by buy it was only minutes of silence but it wasn't uncomfortable silence Polly had gone to bed leaving Marie,her brothers and Thomas and Arthur down stairs.

'You two should go to bed it's late and you have work ' Marie voice had seemingly gone back to normal as she spoke.
'I assume you have beds here you spend enough time here '

'Yeah we've got a room you can stay in it tonight we can have the living room ' Bradely replied only glancing up for a second.

'Oh good no, Marie gasped 'You both have work tomorrow and need sleep can't have your boss getting angry at your lack of motivation tomorrow' Marie joked.
'And I told Theo I would be in the living room if he needed me i don't want him walking around in the dark looking for me '
Bradley and Charlie nodded Before making there way up stairs mumbling some sort of goodnight as they went.
Marie smiled as they went up the stairs and as they went round the corner she let out a loud sigh she didn't realise she was holding. She glanced around they cosy kitchen noticing Arthur as his head slowly dropped as he fell asleep whiskey glass still in hand.
Marie slowly stood up and placed his glass on the table as Arthur grumbled slowly opening his eyes to meet Marie she sent him a warm smile before sitting back in her chair.
'I'm going to bed,night Tom,Marie ' Arthur murmured
'Night Arthur ' Marie smiled
Thomas only nodded as a response.

So there sat Marie and Tommy in silence in the kitchen alone. Marie wasn't afraid but she was uncomfortable. Marie was in silence all day most days and it was deafening to her. She hated it.

'I believe I owe you an apology,for earlier on ' Marie's voice was soft and quiet much softer than an voice Thomas had every heard.

'Now what would you have to apologise for eh ' Thomas eyes bore into Marie's like the Pacific ocean meet the Atlantic ocean colliding in the centre.

'Well for snapping at you it was unkind and uncalled for it wasn't your fault and I never should have taken my anger out on you in such away. So I am most terrible sorry Mr Shelby' Marie looked down at her lap after she finished afraid of his reaction.

Thomas was stunned no one had ever really apologised to him. A for such a stupid reason she was apologising for even angry about her home been destroyed. She has a right to be angry it she didn't seem to see it like that

'It alright people have screamed for much less ' Thomas spoke

Marie clasped her head in her hands and laughed not a happy laugh but the laugh of someone who was hurt.
'You know I made up hundreds of scenarios about how I would meet your family can you believe this was not one of them ' Marie spoke looking at Thomas with a sad expression.
Thomas chuckled.
'You know I planned it all out what I would make for dinner how I would lay the table and now look here I sit battered and bruised in front of your fire after yelling at you for no reason" Marie wanted to.cry she wanted to break down but she would not allow herself too.

Thomas noticed the fragile women that sat next to him and tried to change the direction of the conversation. Very out of character for the big bad Thomas Shelby.

'So what's your name then, so far in the short time I have known you you have been called three different names'
Marie chuckled quietly.
'Well now that's a long story 'Marie laughed looking into Thomas eyes smiling into deep pools of blue that reflected her own blue eyes
Now these were going to be moments to remember.....