Chapter 1

One night, Maria didn't sleep at all. She couldn't stop having a tightening feeling in her stomach. But she didn't want to disturb Georg. Soon, she'd had enough. She got up and went downstairs, rubbing her very pregnant stomach.

"Oh, Baroness. I was just about to wake you" said Frau Schmidt as Maria came down the stairs. "What is it, Frau Schmidt?" Asked Maria. "Phone for you" said Frau Schmidt. "At this time of night?" Asked Maria. "Yes. They said it's urgent" said Frau Schmidt. "Alright" said Maria, before having to take another deep breath and putting her hand on her stomach. "Are you all right, Baroness?" Asked Frau Schmidt. "Yes" said Maria, nodding her head. "It's just a braxton hicks contraction" said Maria. "Oh, I see. Well would you like a glass of water?" Asked Frau Schmidt.

"No, I'm fine. You can go back to bed, if you like" said Maria. "If you're sure. Goodnight" said Frau Schmidt. "Goodnight" said Maria, as Frau Schmidt left, and went over to the telephone. "Hello?" 'You need to come to my home. Now'. "Uncle John?" 'Hello, Maria'. "Uncle, now's not really a good time". 'I couldn't care less! What could you possibly doing at this time of night which makes now not a good time?'. "Sleeping". 'Is that cheek I hear?!" "No, of course not. I'll be there right away". 'Good. And Maria?' "Yes". 'Don't tell anyone. You know what'll happen if you do'. "Yes, Uncle". With that, Maria put the phone down, quickly got herself dressed and left.

She went to a small, dark house. As she got to the door, she felt sick to her stomach. She hesitated before knocking on the door. The door didn't open for what felt like ages. She turned away when someone suddenly grabbed her arm tightly, pulled her into the house and the next thing she knew, she had been literally thrown into a basement.

"Well, it isn't Maria Rainer. Or should I say Baroness Maria von Trapp?" Came a cold voice which sent a shiver down Maria's spine. She turned around and saw a tall man dressed in black with an evil smirk on his face. "Uncle John" she said. "Happy to see me?" Asked John. "I think you know the answer to that" said Maria and tried to walk to the door. "Going so soon? You've only just arrived" said John.

John then grabbed Maria's arm and pulled her back. "I need to get home. I shouldn't have come" said Maria. "But you know what would've happened if you hadn't" said John. "Please. I need to go" said Maria. "Oh, you're not going anywhere" snapped John. "Watch me!" Yelled Maria. "Don't you yell at me!" John yelled back. "Fine, just let me go!" Maria snapped. "No!" Yelled John.

"I am not a child anymore! You can't keep me locked in here! I've got my own life now that doesn't concern you!" Yelled Maria. John swung his arm around and slapped Maria across the face. His nails were so sharp that they caught on Maria's cheek, scratching her. "I've had just about enough this! You're not going anywhere this time! You should be thankful I let you go to that bloody Abbey in the first place!" John shouted. "No, you did not let me go willingly. I went to the Abbey on my own to escape you and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!" Snapped Maria.

John clenched his fist. He lifted it up to punch Maria. "No" she gasped. She put one hand infront of her and the other hand on her stomach. John sighed and put his arm down. He always had a soft spot for babies. Instead he went up to the door and left the basement. He shut the door behind him and locked it. "No. No!" Maria shouted and ran over to the door. She pounded on the door as hard as she could. "Let me out! You can't keep me locked in here! Let me out!" She yelled, before gasping in pain as water splashed on the floor.