Chapter 5

It took Georg almost two hours to get back home. "I can't find her anywhere" he said. "She hasn't come back home" said Frau Schmidt. Georg groaned in anger and threw his coat. "Where could she be?" He snapped. "I don't know, Captain" said Frau Schmidt.

Suddenly, the phone rang. Georg and Frau Schmidt looked at each other before Georg ran over to the phone. "Hello?" 'Georg?' "Maria?" 'Help me'. "What's happened? Where are you?" 'I'm trapped in my Uncle's basement.
The baby's coming "What?! Where are you?" 'A dark, small house by the market'. "Right, I'm on my way". 'Be careful. He's dangerous'. "I'm more worried for his sake when I see him" said Georg and put the phone down.

"Was that the Baroness?" Asked Frau Schmidt. "Yes. She's locked in a basement" said Georg. "What?!" Said Frau Schmidt. "That's not all. She's in labour. I need to find her now. Watch the children for me" said Georg and left.

Georg drove as fast as he could when he suddenly heard his name being called. He stopped, turned his head and saw the Mother Abbess, Sister Margaretta, Sister Sophia and Sister Berthe rushing towards him. "Reverend Mother? Sisters?" He said. "Captain von Trapp. I've heard what's going on. Is there any news on Maria?" Said the Mother Abbess. "Yes, she's locked in her Uncle's basement and she's in labour" said Georg. "Oh my goodness" said the Mother Abbess. "I'm going there now" said Georg. "We'll come with you" said the Mother Abbess. With that, they were off.

Soon, they came across the small, dark house. "Is that the place?" Asked the Mother Abbess. "I think so" said Georg. "Sister Berthe, Sister Margaretta, go and alert the police and get a doctor. We don't know what kind of state Maria's in right now" said the Mother Abbess. Sister Margaretta and Sister Berthe nodded and left. Georg went over and pounded on the door. The door didn't open for several moments, before John slowly opened it. "Can I help you?" He asked in that same cold voice.

Georg grabbed him by the collar. "What the hell have you done with my wife?" He said through gritted teeth. "I don't know what you're talking about. Maria isn't here" said John. "We didn't say anything about her name being Maria" said the Mother Abbess. Georg puched John in the face, causing him to fall over. "Come on. Let's find her" he said. They then searched the house from top to bottom when the Mother Abbess came across the locked basement door. "Captain, I'm almost certain she's in here. It's locked" she called.

Georg rushed over. "Stand aside" said he said. The Mother Abbess did so and Georg kicked the door down and rushed down the stairs. The Mother Abbess followed. They then came across Maria almost unconscious with a crying baby in her arms wrapped in a cardigan she'd been wearing. "She's had the baby" said Georg. "Oh, my goodness" said the Mother. "I'll take the baby. You get Maria". "Alright" said Georg. With that, Georg picked up Maria and the Mother picked up the baby. "It's a boy, Captain" said the Mother Abbess.

"Oh, my goodness. How is he?" Said Georg, as he picked Maria up. "He seems fine, but we should have a doctor take a look at him. How's Maria?" Said the Mother Abbess. "It looks like she's lost some blood so we should definitely get a doctor to take a look" said Georg. Just then Maria slightly opened her eyes. "Georg?" She whispered. "It's me, darling. I'm here" said Georg, in a gentle tone. "The baby?" Maria muttered. "Is perfectly fine. Don't you worry about that. Concentrate on yourself for the time being" said Georg.

"But John?" Said Maria. "He's nothing you need to worry about. You're safe now" said Georg. "Georg, I don't feel very well" Maria muttered. "I know you don't. But we're going to get you home, get you in a nice warm bed and a doctor is going to take a look at you as well as the baby. Everything's going to be fine now" said Georg. "Okay" Maria muttered. "Captain" Georg then heard. He looked over at the Mother Abbess. "The police are here. We should go" she said. With that, they left.