1 | Worst Wishes | 1

Inception: the establishment or starting point of an institution or activity.
Just something to keep in mind...
Enjoy, love ya <3 ~ Owl

~~~

-George's POV-

"He-he what?"

Karl stares down the ex-assassin, who stands dumbfoundedly before us all.  The silent fury behind those eyes is terrifying, filled with a strange confidence despite his nerves. It seems to take all of his willpower to bite back the angry words, and he grits his teeth to stop them escaping.

Yet Sapnap is the opposite, refusing to bother with formalities.He's quick to step between Tubbo and Fundy, gently but firmly grabbing the teen's sleeve and tugging him towards Karl instead.

"Did he do that?" Tubbo continues to ask over and over, pulling against Sapnap in agitated defiance. There's a pleading tone behind those words, echoed in the way he watches Fundy, silently begging for him to explain Karl is mistaken.

"Do you want to explain or shall I?" Karl asks to Fundy over Sapnap's shoulder, stepping around him to better speak to the assassin. He brushes off his soulmates' concerned hand, and it's then that I notice my own soulmate is holding mine. Gripping, calloused fingers suddenly so much colder than before.

"I think you've already done just that," Fundy mumbles quietly, scanning over everyone before his guilty eyes drop to the floor. His actions confirm it all, and a sharp gasp echoes from Tubbo in realisation. "But why?" he asks defeatedly to a boy he once believed to be his friend, now unsure quite what to believe. "Why would you do this? How did you? What-"

Karl throws an arm out in front of Tubbo, refusing to let him get any closer to Fundy. I tug at his wrist in a silent plea for him to step back, to which he eventually complies. The boy wraps his arms around himself, backing away from everyone as if now scared of all of us.

"This doesn't make any sense..."

Karl shoots a glare in Fundy's direction, signalling towards their scared friend. Any of Karl's own fears seems to have faded quickly, replaced by sudden anger at the damage Fundy has caused to Tubbo by lying to him all this time.

"I know it doesn't, Tubbo," Fundy begins uncertainly, trying to catch Tubbo's eyes. "It doesn't make sense to me either, I don't know how I could've ever done such a thing. And I'm sorry, okay. I'm sorry for what I did-"

"It's not that." Tubbo at last lifts his gaze, and the look in those mismatched eyes makes my heart ache. There's no fear in them anymore, no anger at what Fundy has done.

Nothing but disappointment shines through that glare, blue eyes cold and judging. "It's not that," he reiterates, shaking his head slowly.

"Of course I'm mad that you killed Karl, who wouldn't be? But I'm not going to hold that against you, because Karl clearly doesn't."

Tubbo signals to Karl, who seems to have faded out of the conversation entirely. He looks more lost, bothered that yet another conflict came from this. Fundy chews his lip hard enough to draw blood, pulling up his sleeve to show no soulmate band at all.

"Precisely what I mean." Tubbo signals to the ex-assassin's wrist before stepping aside to let Sapnap see. I watch his eyes narrow, blinking as if he's delusional.