Part 27

**Hi! We are back! Hope you enjoy the new chapter <3**

Lily POV

James, Remus, Sirius, Marlene, and I are sitting in the Gryffindor common room discussing our classes, quidditch, and the latest gossip when James jumps out of his seat. "We should go now." He says to Sirius and Remus, who looks weary. "I'll get Peter." Sirius says and runs up the stairs to the boys dorm.

"Go where?" I ask James curiously. He shakes his head. "It's nothing." He avoids eye contact. Sirius and Peter walk into the room. "I'm ready." Peter says, looking nervously around the room. I don't think much of that, because Peter usually looks nervous.

James picks up Remus by the arm, smiles at me, and the four boys walk out the door. "That was a little suspicious." Marls says, staring at the portrait hole. I nod in agreement and stifle a yawn. "What time is it?" "It's 8:15." Marls looks up from her watch. "I'm hungry. Can we go to the kitchens?" I ask. Maybe that's where the boys went. Marlene nods and loops her arm through mine as we walk downstairs. We're passing by the Great Hall when I look out the window and notice something odd. "That's weird." Marlene mutters, following my gaze.

A light brown stag, some sort of creature, and a black dog with a gray rat on it's back stand near the Whomping Willow.

"Whatever, let's go get some food!" Marls grabs my arm and we walk together to the kitchen. We ask the house elf, Roody, for a few snacks and he comes back with his arms laden with chocolate frogs, berties botts, and some pastries.

As we walk by the Great Hall again, I look out the window. "Come look." I whisper to Marls. The stag and the rat aren't there anymore. Now, the dog and the other creature are... fighting? The full moon shines a harsh glow on the fighting animals and throws the creatures face into relief. "Is that-?" Marls starts nervously. "A werewolf." I whisper back, hoping my suspicion isn't true.

We walk a little along the hall, still peering out the window. I don't see anything for a moment, but my gaze doesn't break.

Suddenly, the werewolf jumps in front of the window and I stumble backwards from shock. The dog jumps on the werewolves back as the window breaks.

To our right, the stag from before nudges the door open and then uses its teeth to close it. Strange.

He walks straight for us and looks me directly in the eye. It's very quiet and I can hear Marls' ragged breathing. The stag bumps into us, wanting us to move back towards the Great Hall. Once we are directly outside of the entrance to it, the stag changes. Into... into- wait what?! James?!

Marls and I gasp in unison as James shrugs and ruffles his hair as though this is no big deal. "Hi." He says weakly, breaking the silence. "Hi? That's it?! You were running outside with a- a werewolf and a dog and a rat! And- and you're an animagus?!" I say, completely caught off guard by what's happening!

**Hope you enjoyed! New part comind soon! Let us know what you would like to see :)**