2.5- Secret's Out (A Mini-Chapter)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

The Odyssey has already started flying away before too many Toads suspected that it was ever there. Mario and Luigi were comfortably sitting on the chairs with their hat buddies sitting on top of their heads. Luigi had taken off his own hat for a place for Tiara to rest. They've all had a long day, and it's about time they try to keep things simpler for a moment.

"So," Luigi started, "THIS is-a what your-a ship looks like inside-a? It looks-a nice, bro!"
"Yeah," Mario replied, "been collecting a lot of-a souvenirs to decorate this-a place. Can't-a have a blank-a canvas to show off."
"There's-a one question I've-a been wanting to ask-a, though," Luigi continued, "if this tiara Peach hung out-a with is-a still here, wouldn't that-a mean that the hat YOU'VE-A been wearing's around-a, too?"
"Oh uh..." Mario hesitantly said, "Well..."
"Aw, c'mon, admit it," his brother teased, "he wouldn't-a leave her behind too often. Is he-a..."
He leaned over to flick the brim on Cappy, and with an "OUCH!" he revealed the Bonneter still in his hat form, his red-violet eyes showing.

"GAH- uh, I mean, Ah-HA!" Luigi pointed at the hat, "Gotcha!"
The red cap impersonator was shocked to see that he saw through his disguise.
"Hey!" He yelled at Luigi, "Don't do that!!"
"Eh-heh, sorry," Luigi apologized, "But wait... Mario, what happened to your-a hat-a THIS-"
"I don't wanna talk about it-a," Mario interrupted, "Just-a know that it's-a gone forever and that the closest replacement is-a Cappy."
"Ah..." Luigi said, sitting back down, "alrighty then-a. Say, where are we-a going?"
"I haven't inputted a location," Cappy said as he propped himself back onto his partner's head, "so we're just going around in circles until we can find another good spot for us to land."

Soon after, though, they found the PERFECT spot... near Mario's house!
"Alright, here we go!" Cappy exclaimed as he prepared for the landing.
The Odyssey then landed quite slowly but gracefully onto the grassy ground.
"Wait, how is no one going to not see-a THIS?" Mario questioned the Bonneters.
"Look, there aren't many places where we can hide this ship AND meet up with you at the same time," said the top-hat, "You're usually hanging around in the Mushroom Kingdom, so even if it's not where you expected, this is at least the most secretive we can fit the Odyssey in."
"Oh," Mario said, "Oh...kay..."

TO BE CONTINUED

💜💙💚💛🧡❤️